IQVIA Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

3.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IQVIA (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Telephone interview with recruiter first, then telephone interview with a few spoke on the team. That was all normal and respectful. Third interview was the weirdest interview I've ever gone on in my life. I walked into a room, there's a few people and they tell me we're going to do a role playing exercise. They gave very little information, and then stared at me while I was talking. Then they started acting crazy.
    I'm not sure why I was being interviewed like an acting role would (auditioning for a role) when I'm applying for an extremely analytical position. The whole experience was pretty awful even though the team seemed great. It would be reasonable if it were a sales position.
    I wouldn't have accepted if offered because it was so odd and disrespectful.
    After the interview , crickets despite my followup email. Then just a robo rejection. I'd expect more consideration after getting that far through the process.
    It's really a bummer, because Quintiles seems like a great company, I just wish my interview reflected that.

Interview Questions

• Role play how you would talk to various people   1 Answer

Big Data Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IQVIA (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter through LinkedIn and I had a call with him for 45 minute where he asked initial screening questions. Then I had two 45 minute phone calls with two members of their Big Data Engineering team. Then I was invited to fly on-site for an interview loop. I had four 45 minute interviews with them.

I was later rejected as they said they needed someone with more experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly on resume, Data Warehouse, Apache Spark, Scala and Python   Answer Question

IMS Health Academy Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IQVIA (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied online, then got an email 2-4 days with a questionnaire to fill out. After that it's an video interview with both behavioral and case questions.
    After the video interview I spoke with the director of the Academy, then another senior consultant. 1st interview was basic resume questions and a simple case question.
    2nd interview was technical round.
    About two days after the second phone interview I was brought in for onsite interview.
    The onsite interview started with a lunch, followed by 3-1 on 1-behavioral round , 1 analytic round, 1 excel test and 1 power point presentation round. The whole process took about 5 hours.

Its been 3 weeks now and haven't heard back.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

Interview

The process took about three weeks: HR phone screen, panel phone interview, on site panel interview and interview with Director. An email indicated an offer would be extended. An offer was received from HR about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Discussions about previous project experiences/situations, technical questions. Questions were relevant and direct but never adversarial. Interviewers were experienced professionals and handled the process well. I could tell that these were people I could work with. They are now my colleagues.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was fair.

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IQVIA (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by Nurse Clinical Trial Manager and HR representative at Home Office in Pennsylvania. The interview was calm, comfortable and inviting. The nurse manager is no less than delightful, a woman whose career surrounds her passion to produce valid, first-class clinical trials. Best interview experience I've had, although I wasn't given an offer based on another applicant's more advanced qualifications on paper. (She's a trial investigator; she had to go with the numbers!)

Interview Questions

• I was asked many qualifying questions regarding clinical trial experience, knowledge-based understanding of the field of Medicine and trials as well as discussion on time management, decision-making abilities as well as talent in the professional development of study sites/clinicians based on my education, experience and proof of completed projects.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IQVIA (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

phone and on-site. phone interview was arranged by the HR and it followed an on-site interview after one week. There are both behavior interview and case interview for the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• behavior interview and case interview   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IQVIA (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. There is an upfront background submission, detailing past work experiences and salary demands. Next comes a 30 minute phone call, behavioral questions with a 10 minute high-level case, no quantitative aspect included. Should you move on, you will be brought in for an in-person interview day, with 3 rounds of 2:1, focusing mostly on behavioral/fit questions. There is a case component that includes a 45-minute period for you to review the case, and afterward 15 minutes for a panel presentation and Q&A. All-in-all, not a stressful process, but be sure you have practiced cases and are comfortable speaking in front of audiences, with a logical thought process.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was the case, asking to choose between different business models for a pharma company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

IMS CONSULTANT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IQVIA (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview then a second round of face to face interviews. Case study required. Both interviews looked at applicant's background and skills. Drug test required (urinalysis). Graduate degree required. Looking for college graduates, low pay to start off.

Interview Questions

• Do you have face to face client experience?
      How would you approach a difficult client?
      How did you approach working in a team with internal conflicts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IQVIA (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

My interview experience with IMS Health was one of the worst ever and I would caution future interviewees to be wary of the interviewing etiquette of this company. There were two interviewers present during my interviewer, and the behavior of one of them (a principal in the company) was nothing short of demeaning. The whole process made me feel devalued and humiliated.

First, he told me that picking my application was a "mistake." Throughout the interview, he would cut me off several times without giving me the chance to fully explain myself. He did this a few times. For example, in response to his question about my strengths, I said, "I value hard work." But he cut me off again and remarked condescendingly, "So do I." When he asked me where I could see myself in a few years' time, I replied, "I think my future career plans can take a variety of forms..." Again, he patronizingly cut me off and insisted he only wanted to hear about one "specific" thing. At this point, it became obvious to me that he was deliberately pushing me into a corner. Later, while I was working on the case study, he got up from his seat, walked around the room and made small talk with his colleague, as if oblivious to my presence.

After considering my nonprofit background (my resume is heavily skewed towards the nonprofit sector) and my professed interest in public service as well as working in the nonprofit sector in the future, the interviewer told me, "We are not going to be helping people here (in our company)." A distasteful remark in the context of everything else.

The interviewer also had inferiority complex issues. At one point during the conversation, I explained I was interested in consulting because as a recent college graduate, I wanted to learn a set of extremely useful skills from a group of smart, intelligent and driven people in the field of consulting. The interviewer, for some reason, took my comment as a personal affront. In response, he *pointed* at his colleague (who graduated from an Ivy League school). For some reason, he thought that my reference to "smart, intelligent and driven people" was tainted with elitist connotations and also somehow precluded him (I believe he graduated from some lower tier college). That was absolutely not my intention, and how he came to that conclusion was simply beyond me.

The interviewers were half an hour behind schedule and my interview was truncated to 20 minutes. They simply assumed they could change their schedules without giving the interviewee any notice.

Their unprofessional behavior was a total embarrassment to IMS Health and reflected negatively on the firm as a whole. When I contacted their HR, all the HR manager told me was that the interview process was "competitive" and that "IMS Consulting is a top tier consulting firm" and the interview was supposed to "assess interest and fit." She went on, "In any interview situation, we recognize that the candidate is also using that time to assess whether or not they are interested in the organization." In any case, she might even be right. If my interview experience is any accurate indication of the IMS Health culture as she proclaims, then I am glad to have seen a preview of it during the interview and to avoid the company altogether. The interviewer should be ashamed of himself for bringing down the company's reputation with his lack of professionalism.

Needless to say, I withdrew my application after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IQVIA (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

One hour phone interview including behavioral questions and a case study with a senior position. The interviewer was nice and did not try to make the interviewee confused or insecure. The case study came after the behavioral questions. If the phone interview goes well, then the applicant is invited to the office site for a second-round full interview (5-hour process).

Interview Questions

• The case study question was: your client (pharma) wants to introduce a new drug to the market. Given these details about the drug and its competition, what strategy would you take and how successful do you think the new product will be?   Answer Question