IQVIA Interview Questions in Reading, England | Glassdoor

2.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IQVIA (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

First round with a senior consultant about my motivation for applying and my experience (generally taking through my CV) around 45 minutes over phone call. At the beginning, I was quite nervous and the interviewer realized it and asked me frequent questions so to extract the best out of me. Later, it went pretty well as he made me feel very comfortable and asking detailed questions even in each project presented on my CV.
    Second round was a Case study, which was very relevant to the role I have applied for. They gave me a week of time to finish it, however to utilize only 4 hours to finish the work. The information on the case study was very brief. However, they wanted to check my ability on how efficiently I will utilize the information and formulate the document assuming a lot of other details.
    Third round was with the HR. It was a general round checking on the motivation for applying and competitive base questions. The HR was very friendly making you feel very comfortable at their premises for 30 minutes.
    This was followed by a Panel interview round, 1 hour 30 minutes. The three panelist including the department head and a senior consultant and the reporting hiring manager were very friendly. The questions were more detailed about my CV, the projects in my CV, the Case study document and more detailed technical questions. However, they were really interested in knowing what you could bring to the table apart from the usual responsibilities.

This was followed by a programming exam. It was an hour exam and the questions were really comprehensible. However, the system I needed to work on was very slow.

Interview Questions

• Your CV demonstrates that you have a lot of different experiences in different fields. How do you see yourself fitting and lasting in this position ?   Answer Question

Bio Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IQVIA (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Several phone interviews: HR, hiring manager, technical interviewer, interviewer about processes and systems. I was then invited for a face-to-face interview with 4 managers in the board where I had to present for 20 minutes on a recent project.

Interview Questions

• What SAS procedures one should use in some specific situations, and to explain basic statistical concepts.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IQVIA (Reading, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process took 3 weeks. I had a pre-screening interview with HR then a competency-based style interview with the HR Manager. The 3rd and final week I had an interview with the Hiring Manager and Director of Regulatory Affairs (separate interviews).

It was a lovely and straightforward process which allowed me to understand the company a little bit better.

Interview Questions

• An example of a project managed from start to finish.
      An ab example if a difficult situation that I've been in and how I resolved it.
      Talk me through your cv.
      CMC related Questions.
      Prepared and presented a PowerPoint.
      What is your understanding of module 3.
      What are grouped variations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy and straightforward.

Graduate Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IQVIA (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Online application, followed by an overseas telephone interview. This was followed by a long wait (2 months) for an invitation to an assessment centre. The assessment centre was half a day with multiple interviews and scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to wok for quintiles   1 Answer

Graduate CRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IQVIA (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial screening interview by phone, followed by online tests and an assessment centre arranged at short notice. The assessment centre consisted of an individual case study related to the role, an individual interview with typical behavioural questions, a presentation and a group exercise.

The assement centre was well organised and recruiters were very friendly, which improved the overall impression of the process and company. Travel expenses were surprisingly not reimbursed for a company of such scale.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were able to foresee a problem/crisis and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IQVIA (Reading, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. HR telephone screening next day. Telephone Interview and offer made by end of the week. Since starting employment everyone had been very supportive - other CTAs and senior managers. Trading is amazing and the opportunities for career progression definitely exist.

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IQVIA (Reading, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed in Reading office. The atmosphere was relaxing - I felt not stressed at all to the point I started to feel more like in the social meeting than in the interview. This allowed me to show the best of myself and in the end I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What you do if you have two deadlines approaching which you have to meet (extra hours not possible) and you realize there is not enough time.   1 Answer
    • Describe your CV and tell about any difficult situation with the client/customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about any creative solution you came up in your previous position (CTA).   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IQVIA (Reading, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Skipped the telephone interview and was asked to come in for a face to face interview.

Felt relaxed as soon I was welcomed by one of the interviewers. There were two people in the room with me and one virtually.

Was explained the interview format and then spent a large amount of time takling about the budget I was responsible for and asked to clarify my job title. Then moved on to presentation about the biggest challenge i have been involved in and also 5 mins on the challenges of clinical development. Was told that I covered many of their questions during my presentation, which only resulted in one competent question that I can't remember as I was exhausted!

I was given opportunity to ask questions, and I did, but I wanted to keep to time and they said they would be happy to answer questions after the interview.

I think they had my CV for around aweek, was called to interview with a couple of days to prepare my presentation. Was told I would hear back in a few weeks, but they called me the next day. Realised they had made a mistake and should have gone through the agent, and then i asked my agent to chase up. I had a final offer within a week.

So far they seem to be a company that is friendly, flexible and in time with technology. My first electronic contract!

Interview Questions

• The budget amount I have been responsible for. Note that they wanted to see that on my CV.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not particulary, but I think I should have tried harder

Bio Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IQVIA (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

First phone call interview with a senior member of the stats dpt from US. Second interview with a manager of the stats area from the US. Third step, a face to face inteview with direct manager at the office in the UK. Fourth step, a final phone interview with another manager from the US. Some problems in order to get the phone calls, a couple of occasions they postponed them or did not call at the time they said they would. Poor qualitiy telephone line which made the phone interviews harder. All kind of questions about yourself, past experience, some technical questions (some of them rather easy, others a little bit more difficult).

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths / skills?
      How to handle situations with several projects running at the same time?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IQVIA (Reading, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and the process took 4+ weeks. Got an email from HR for a phone interview with the hiring Manager, call lasted 30 mins then she set up an interview with the VP for a face to face which lasted an 1h but it was very relaxed and the VP was genuinely warm and informative. Then had 3 rounds of video conferences with the rest of the team which I was apprehensive about at first but really made a difference to the entire process. Everyone in the team took part in the hiring process which gave me confidence that I would enjoy working with these group of people. Got a call with an offer on the evening before my last telephone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy as they offered more than I was looking for, maybe I was a cheap find :) either way i happy as a pig in mud.