IRI Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IRI (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very positive and moved fairly quickly and smoothly. I applied via LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter soon after. I had a half hour phone call with the recruiter and the questions asked were pretty standard. From there, I was asked to come in and interview with 3 people and take a phone call with the 4th. The interviewers were personable and the questions were fairly basic and easy. After the interview, both the recruiter and future boss came back into the room and told me they wanted to bring me on board "informally" and would be doing background/reference checks soon. Within a week and a half, I had an offer letter. The recruiter was great as she kept me in the loop throughout the process and the lines of communication open between the time I interviewed and my official offer letter. I appreciated this! After a quick round of negotiations, I accepted!

Interview Questions

• Describe a major project you worked on in the CPG or retail space and what were the results.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IRI

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IRI.

Interview

Because of an employee-referral, was quickly contacted by HR in a screening call, followed by another interview to discuss the role, followed by a day of in-person and conference call interviews with team members. All involved were friendly and thoughtful. But the process was dreadfully long. At several points, I thought it was no longer moving forward and would then get a call or email from the HR rep letting me know that they were still interested in me and working on timing.

Interview Questions

• The team this opportunity was with is fairly technical, so there were several questions about methods of analysis and marketing concepts. There was a case study, but it wasn't as much of a test as it was a way to understand how I would explore a problem/unanticipated outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's always room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IRI (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

2 cases
    1. - Interviewer asked me to diagonize the factors considered for a CPG firm to enter the market. Then he handed over a set of data and asked to analyze what is happening in each channel and then asked me how to calculate YOY change in sales.
    2. A guy handed over to me 8 sheets of data with graphs and data and survey results etc. and said analyze everything and let me know what you think . I will come in 25 mins. Had to be ready with a conclusion as to what is happening in data
    1. Behavioral by partner - typical questons as wht you want to do, what have you done, Why MBA, Why Symphony

Interview Questions

• 1. Factors to consider for a CPG client to enter a food category market   Answer Question
    • Whta is happening - Why the compnay is losing out in profitability is it category problem, distribution or brand   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at IRI (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was well organized. the interviews were case based. i had 2 three hour interviews. 1st round was 2 cases and 1 fit. 2nd round was 2 cases and fit interview. they were mainly CPG and retail focused cases

Interview Questions

• For given store, explain why the profits are declining given the sales of the store are constant.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IRI.

Interview

Approached by a recruiter. Phone screens followed by in-person interviews.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IRI in October 2011.

Interview

Interviews occurred on phone and in person. Took a test at the office as well. One of the key people was not in the office the day of the scheduled interview so I had to go back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They required substantiation of past wages before the offer was made.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IRI in January 2015.

Interview

Rdv individuel, analyse de cas 2h environ pour évaluer capacité d’analyse. Puis entretien sur cv et evaluation personnalité. Très bonne ambiance et présence du responsable de service également. Analyse à chaud sur la façon dont nous avons vécu le cas fabricant sur une catégorie spécifique.

Interview Questions

• Que dirait votre ami de votre + gros point fort? Et le - faible?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IRI (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in September 2012.

Interview

Persönliche Vorstellung hinsichtlich Lebenslauf bis zu ersten Berufserfahrungen
    Unternehmensvorstellung bezüglich Vision, Ablauf, Abteilungen
    Arbeitserfahrung bei Praktika, praktischen Arbeiten, Berufseinstiege
    Fachfragen zur generellen BWL, Mathematik und Marketing
    Fallstudie zu einer Marktforschungsstudie und deren Ergebnissen
    30 Minuten Bearbeitungszeit
    Präsentation zu Insights und Ableitungen der Ergebnisse
    Analyse-Teil um zu zeigen, welche mathematischen Hintergründe zu den Ergebnissen geführt haben
    Kritische Rückfragen
    Gesprächsöffnung für Fragen meinerseits zum Unternehmen
    Gehaltsvorstellung

Interview Questions

• Was war Ihr bisher herausforderndstes Erlebnis in der Arbeitswelt und wie haben Sie es gemeistert?   Answer Question
    • Nennen Sie uns den größten Erfolg, den Sie in Ihrem Leben hatten und wie Sie ihn in Ihrem Leben weiter genutzt haben.   Answer Question
    • Erzählen Sie mir doch einmal was über Ihre Gehaltsvorstellungen.   Answer Question
    • Sind Sie bereit regelmäßig Reisen anzutreten?   Answer Question