IRS Contact Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IRS Contact Representative Interview Questions

2.1

Contact Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IRS.

Interview

I completed the application in July few weeks later took the online assessment few weeks later received a tentative offer and had to complete some forms online a few days later went to get finger prints taken and finally a few weeks after received a firm offer in October. I never did a phone or in person interview.

Other Interview Reviews for IRS

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was never actuall individually interviewed, only JSAP tested and Eqip evaluated, and recieved a Firm offer letter within 6 months of my application. Process in its entirety was extremely simple just need to be patient and fair warning don't quit your job during or at any point in this process!

Contact Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS.

Interview

The overall process took a few months. I was interviewed by a panel of 3 supervisors. The interview consisted of job-specific scenario questions. From my understanding they are focused on how you can handle various circumstances of the position if you were to be accepted. Although the wait until you are pulled into the interview is long, the interview itself was short.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to criticism?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IRS (Phila, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Brief four question interview, in front of a 3 person group. Simple straightforward customer service scenarios and how you would respond. Then it was over as quickly as it began.Received a tentative offer two weeks later.

Contact Representative Interview

Interview

Rotating Panel Interview- Go to a station, answer a question, go to the next station; there were about 40 people interviewing in this fashion, and we went in groups of maybe 7 or 8 to rotate through the different interview stations.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with someone who is threatening suicide?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IRS (Kansas City, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process begins with completing an online application through usajobs.gov. The next step is an email will be submitted to applicant indicating eligibility status and request for any online assessments to be completed. If assessments are passed then applicant is contacted for an in-person phone assessment and interview. The phone assessment has to be passed before moving on to the interview which is an interview before a panel of three.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that calls in yelling and upset about their tax liability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Long process, the questions easy and to the point. It was over the phone and short. The response time was within a week. You will receive an offer through email and directed to the career connect site.

Contact Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IRS.

Interview

Applied the end of august. It's mid September and I just got offered position after having to complete an online assessment, tap assessment, and interview. Must pass back ground check and criminal record.

Interview Questions

• Questions were the same Genreal questions at any interview. How would you handle conflict? What would you so if you didn't know something? Etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is NO NEGOTIATION. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

It was very lengthy( about a 6 month process). There was a phone test, finger printing, and an interview. During the process you will be brought in with other candidates to go over your application. You must include every job within the given range and be totally honest because they will dig deep within your background. You could be fired a year after working there for not being completely honest on the application. I saw it happen to a co-worker. The interview was very laid back. The questions were mostly to determine if you could handle difficult customers and not be afraid to follow the policies and procedures.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult. They will ask you to describe you experience and your plans for the future.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The pay is straightforward and predetermined based on your grade level.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Portland, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

Getting through to the interview was very interesting indeed. The testing process was basic and thorough. Do your research on internet and you should get through their process. The whole process takes months of waiting, and then a flurry of process, and back to waiting. Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• The interview itself was four basic questions asking how you would deal with specific call situations. Very easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation