IRS Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IRS Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at IRS

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

It was a very short and simple interview. They asked about what you could contribute to the agency. They also asked about what you experience you have related to the position.

Interview Questions

• What could you contribute working in Accounts Management?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IRS

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Applied online, received emails to complete forms. Took a online assessment test. Shortly after, I received tentative offer letter via email. Had to go in for fingerprints and ID photo. Also completed online background check info. Received firm offer letter within 1 day of background check. No interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IRS (Oakland, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

No interview, applied online for the job then invited to new hire orientation 8 months later. they hire every year around the same time. the orientation took about 3 days before actual training took place

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I sat in a room with 3 women that asked me standard interview questions, but they seemed more impressed with my appearance. I was nervous at first because women can be judgmental, but when they complimented my shoes. I knew I had the job.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IRS (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

One large group of people in single file processed in after notification via mail and telephone interview to proceed with in processing through HR. Then we went to the finger printing office, picture taking and security procedures. After we passed that and got my clearance an ID was made and given with report date of October 1, 2007.

Interview Questions

• How do feel about dealing with general public and answering technical question dealing with all kind of tax codes and confidential matter   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chamblee, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Chamblee, GA).

Interview

Tough and intrusive. Background search. Behavioral questions and Brain teaser type questions along personal border line questions all in group multiple questions fill in the black check off the box type questionnaire forms in a group of 45 people for several hours at a time. The training once hired was incredibly difficult as well.

Interview Questions

• What I expected out of the IRS within 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Grueling

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Easy interview, need to fulfill minimum requirements then take an online test to see how well you read and comprehend material, background checks and if bilingual need to pass a language proficiency test.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with screaming customers or stressful environments?   7 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation, this is government, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IRS (Fresno, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Easy Process online skills test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted original offer

Anonymous Employee in Brookhaven, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Brookhaven, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty easy! Phone test then a short interview. Asked general interview questions. Interview was one on one felt very comfortable . Whole hiring process took about 3-4 months. Training was about 16 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Long from the time of applying an getting a email response but they are reviewing shortening the process.

Interview Questions

• No real intense questions asked you just have to remember its the government an anything negative in your background can possible cause for the interview process to be stalled or stopped.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation your shift is already decided upon & skills test an resume pretty much determines your grade (pay). Clean background no felonys, no previous tax issue, & no previous employer disciplinary issues on file.