IRS Data Transcriber Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IRS Data Transcriber Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

Good interview process. Short and sweet. Just waited to go through paper work with management, then waited for them to call us back for a job offer. It took them a few weeks to call us back, then we started orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job? What kind of work experience do you have?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IRS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IRS (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Applied online in Nov or Dec and an interview request in Feb. "Group interview" where you need to bring the proper ID, fill out several forms for HR, take a picture for your ID badge, and fingerprints are taken. There you will be given info on your orientation/start date, salary, shift choice, and some training info.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IRS (Austin, TX).

Interview

Just went to the fingerprint session, they just checked the paperwork and no questions were asked. I went with a group of like 30 people for the one in Austin.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Mass interview that was really just a background check. Had to show up to a government building at the right time, as it was done in groups. DO NOT forget a copy of your birth certificate! Took months to get cleared for a job that only lasted a few months.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with windows operating systems?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Holtsville, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IRS (Holtsville, NY).

Interview

This was done by first applying in a group setting, then general testing. To apply for the Data Transcriber position, I had to take a data entry test.

Interview Questions

• Only questions were based on my paperwork, by people working to process people who made it through testing to return for further processing. No traditional interviews were held.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, we were told what each position paid, based on our entry grade.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IRS (Kansas City, MO) in November 2012.

Interview

After I applied online I was emailed and told a time and date to get fingerprinted and take a typing test. After going through security you're told to go into a room and await the typing test. While you're waiting for that to begin, people come and get you to get your badge photo taken as well as your fingerprints. Also while you're waiting you get your paperwork checked. The whole process goes much faster if you print out all the required documents from the initial email you get sent. The typing test is mainly 10-key with a little bit of alpha thrown in there. There is a requirement you must meet. I think if you only get 90% accuracy you have to be able to type around 5000wpm. If you're able to type 100% accuracy you have to be able to type around 4500wpm I think. I was told there were a lot of applicants and we couldn't hear back from them for over a month and it would be only by email to grant approval for the background check.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IRS (Kansas City, MO) in January 2011.

Interview

Alpha-numeric data entry test. Need to get higher than 5,000 ksph and can't remember the accuracy rate. If you pass, 2 more weeks of training provided for IRS data entry system. Then test on IRS system for efficiency/accuracy.

Interview Questions

• There is no traditional interview. Everything is based on test scores from assessments.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Kansas City, MO) in December 2009.

Interview

After passing a typing test (three chances to pass) they told you when to show up for two week class. Your picture for your ID was taken at that time.

Interview Questions

• No question asked was too difficult or unexpected. Routine questions. They do a background check on you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked you if you wanted the job and when the two week classes start. The salary is not negotiable - it's preset.

Anonymous Employee in Fitchburg, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IRS (Fitchburg, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

what was your best place to work and why

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a position as a data transcriber

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IRS (Ogden, UT) in February 2009.

Interview

Very proffesional work enviorment is expected, throughal background check, detialed training, and alot of materials were provided. The upper staff were helpfull in information and the ability to obtain information is an option if not being able to answered by main managment. Their is an option for a union, unlike many other jobs here in Utah.