IRS Individual Tax Advisory Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Individual Tax Advisory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IRS (San Diego, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Detailed, they know all about you, do not lie, the IRS is a great place to work if you qualify. You must be clean but very clean, no bad marks, and you must not be disabled they will find out and let you go.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any bank accounts in another state? I did not comprehend until after my father's death, he had hidden accounts using my name to hide his money and I still have not found them. Yet the IRS knows where they are.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, but I wish I had not accepted the job, tough as nails with 85 case loads per month and no room for error.

Other Interview Reviews for IRS

Individual Tax Advisory Specialist Interview

Interview

It's a very long process. Security is a big concern so you have to go through a lot of checks. There's also tons of applications so you have to be patient. It took me 6 months from application to start date and some can take longer. This position only required a two person interview which was your normal questions so nothing different there. Biggest thing is that even after hired you're still going through security checks so you can be fired after hired within months but after that you're in the clear.

Interview Questions

• One question was worded with IRS jargon but just ask what they mean and they'll explain it in better terms and will not hold it against you. They're just use to people knowing what they're talking about because they use the same phrases all the time on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none for me but I've heard it's possible if you have enough experience but you would not be negotiating the salary but the grade level as they're pretty much set based on the job. All salaries are online and in the job description so it shouldn't be a surprise.