IRS Internal Revenue Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IRS Internal Revenue Agent Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IRS (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

There were 5 in my group. After going through TSA like security to get into the building, we were escorted upstairs to a conference room. We were then called individually and escorted to our interviewers.
 I interviewed with 2 people. The interview consisted of 6 questions... mostly behavioral. After the six questions, I was allowed to ask questions and the interview became more conversational.

Interview Questions

• If a friend asked you to recommend an accountant, what would you tell him/her?   8 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for IRS

Internal Revenue Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IRS in June 2016.

Interview

First, complete online application. Second, wait for an online questionnaire/assessment. This typically takes 3 months or so. I suggest not to log off any time during the questionnaire/assessment process. Take your time during this part since there is no time limit. There will be a few accounting related questions. And there will be a few tax code related questions, nothing that should be too difficult if you have experience researching the tax code.

Interview Questions

• These are situational. Take time and care to review the supplemental info they provide you in hypothetical taxpayers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IRS (San Antonio, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

internal

Internal Revenue Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IRS in July 2010.

Interview

Although IRS states that you do not have to have experience preparing income tax reports you do have to have good knowledge and understanding on individual taxes because the online simulation test is based on taxes. The position I applied will work with small businesses / owned employed individuals. I answered most of the questions in interview with common sense answers and I did not pass the interview although I get on the superior category based on my online simulation test.

Interview Questions

• As an IRS Revenue Agent, how would you procede if one of your friends have $50,000 to invest in a company that you know is not a profitable business and asks your advice?   1 Answer