IRS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.9

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Mount, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IRS (Rocky Mount, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Received a call after four or five days andthey interview me first over the phone, they had a recording machine and there was 3 people listening to me, next asked me to come for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me What I know about IRS.....What are my weaknesses? Why should they hire me? Can I work under Pressure? and much more questions   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IRS (New York, NY).

Interview

interview was requested very quickly but they did not ask many questions. there were no curve balls and most of the time was spent going through the logistics of the program and the kind of work they do. it would have been nice if more of this information was on their website so that i could have known what i was applying for.

Internal Revenue Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IRS (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

There were 5 in my group. After going through TSA like security to get into the building, we were escorted upstairs to a conference room. We were then called individually and escorted to our interviewers.
     I interviewed with 2 people. The interview consisted of 6 questions... mostly behavioral. After the six questions, I was allowed to ask questions and the interview became more conversational.

Interview Questions

• If a friend asked you to recommend an accountant, what would you tell him/her?   8 Answers

Internal Revenue Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IRS in June 2016.

Interview

First, complete online application. Second, wait for an online questionnaire/assessment. This typically takes 3 months or so. I suggest not to log off any time during the questionnaire/assessment process. Take your time during this part since there is no time limit. There will be a few accounting related questions. And there will be a few tax code related questions, nothing that should be too difficult if you have experience researching the tax code.

Interview Questions

• These are situational. Take time and care to review the supplemental info they provide you in hypothetical taxpayers.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS.

Interview

Phone call originally to set up an interview. I was told that when the actual phone interview happened there would be about 4 or 5 people on the call and they could not give me any further information regarding the interview until it was happening. They called a half hour earlier and said they knew they were calling earlier and asked if it was ok or did they need to call back. I was okay with it.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of questions such as have you ever been put in a particular situation and how did you resolve it. Some of the situations were a disgruntled customer, a uncooperative co worker, a manager or direct authority figure etc.   Answer Question

Tax Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Signed papers, then had a one on one interview weird questions nothing really about qualifications or skills. Afterwards asked questions guess I didn't ask enough questions..then was told I would hear back in two weeks knew then the job was done.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to tell someone something difficult?   Answer Question

Seasonal Data Transcriber Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IRS.

Interview

The application process wasn't too difficult and there were no interviews, but session times were not very flexible and HR responses were slow and unhelpful at times. The on-site job offer session was scheduled over the holidays and couldn't be rescheduled, unlike an earlier session. A phone call with an offer was mentioned at the time, but a later follow-up with HR revealed that all positions have already been filled.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I fit certain aspects of the position, including problem-solving and interaction with others.   Answer Question

Data Transcriber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IRS (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Applied online in Nov or Dec and an interview request in Feb. "Group interview" where you need to bring the proper ID, fill out several forms for HR, take a picture for your ID badge, and fingerprints are taken. There you will be given info on your orientation/start date, salary, shift choice, and some training info.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IRS (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Cold, very regimented. It felt as though the interviewers were simply trying to get through the questionns. when I answered a question, one of the interviewers asked if I was in private industry. this was clearly obvious if my resume was read prior to.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 greatest strengths?   1 Answer

Tax Examining Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Panel interview with 3 people. They have a set of questions (about 8 I think) that they ask every candidate. Some of the questions were expected- what would you do if a customer was angry etc. Some were a bit vague, I don't remember the specific question but I remember thinking that it was very vague and I wasn't sure what answer they were looking for. The 3 people on the panel were unfriendly and really didn't make you feel like they were listening/cared/wanted to be there.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your supervisor noticed a mistake in your work.   Answer Question