IRS Revenue Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IRS Revenue Agent Interview Questions

3.6

Revenue Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IRS.

Interview

You apply on usajobs. When you fill out the grade questionnaire the answers are important. Then you are invited to take a test online. The results of the test and qualifications are scored giving you a ranking. They interview the highest ranking individuals. It took about 6 months to get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working with an individual who owes more than she can afford to pay?   1 Answer
  • You have a voicemail, email, and a case you are supposed to be working on, what do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't much room for negotiating. If you make more currently you should try to bring it up. Most people start with what they are offered. Grade is very important. The grade you start at cannot be changed once you start working.

Other Interview Reviews for IRS

Revenue Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IRS.

Interview

Interview process was by a panel and they asked several "what would you do" type scenario questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview, done by a panel of 3 supervisors/group managers. They ask a specific set of questions, some are harder, depending upon the candidate, or who they want to let in or promote. No hiring in the last 3 years, and none on the horizon. It is always hard when you are going up against the considered favorite.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember the hardest question I was asked as they all appeared to be difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IRS (San Bernardino, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received a telephone interview asking about my work background. I was then scheduled for an in person interview with three people. One manager from my department that ended up being my direct manager and two other managers from different departments. Questions were mostly situational, for example how would you handle a difficult situation.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IRS (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

They asked questions about difficult situations, like conflicting tasks or meetings where one has to prioritize or like receiving conflicting data on a taxpayer or a taxpayer getting emotional about their financial position or a taxpayer missing deadlines to provide documents or missing appointments. The questions are formal and structured. They did a group interview with a couple people taking turns asking questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a taxpayer that gets emotional over being in a difficult financial position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IRS (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

The interviewed comprised of 6 scenarios about the actual job.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a permanet and temporary difference?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Online scenario test. Wait 6 weeks until interview offer. Wait another 4 weeks until interview. Wait 5 weeks after interview to job offer. Wait another 4 weeks until start date.

Better job offer.