IRS Revenue Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IRS Revenue Officer Interview Questions

3.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at IRS (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied on Usajobs.gov, after the job posting closes you get periodic updates about your application status. Then finally you get an email update saying referred to the selecting official. After a few weeks I received and email requesting an interview with time and place already offered. After a week I got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• You had to read a page and then the interviewer asked 3 questions and it was a phone interview. I remember one question. If a cash payment came into the office without the taxpayers social security number on it and a coworker says the cash is for their taxpayer what would you do with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is not negotiation everyone receives the same pay

Other Interview Reviews for IRS

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Tampa, FL).

Interview

After many months, I received a phone call for a panel interview. The interviewers where professional and friendly. The questions were mostly regarding basic accounting principles with an ethical and personal question.

Interview Questions

• Ethical Question: How would you handle a sititation where you had overheard only part of a conversation but what you heard sounded like a bribe. A.) Talk to the employee B) Talk to management C) Turn them into the inspector general.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Monroe, LA) in May 2010.

Interview

Very lengthy and detailed. Do not expect this process to be less than approx 6 months from application to offer. Background check is very lengthy and detailed, as to be expected. It included interviews with neighbors, friends and family and prior roommates or people who can verify prior residences.

Interview Questions

• Many difficult questions pertaining to situation scenarios and how to handle them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Revenue Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IRS in July 2009.

Interview

Online application process. Online test must be passed. After two plus months, I was contacted for an in person interview. Was interviewed by two managers at an IRS location. Very limited opportunities for hiring, no postings for outside employees have been made available for four years.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you went into a bar with your co-workers to see the owner, who was in the back office and there was a shotgun prominently displayed behind the bar? Would you proceed to the office and conduct your first contact? A fight subsequently broke out between the bartender and one of your co-workers, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available. Start at a set pay grade, hired with a one year probation period and upon successful completion, automoatic promotion to journey level.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IRS (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2008.

Interview

Everyone was laid back. Very friendly

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. take it or leave it