ISA (International Studies Abroad) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ISA (International Studies Abroad) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.2

Student Services Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ISA (International Studies Abroad) in July 2017.

Interview

I originally applied online and didn't hear back for a few weeks. I eventually had a phone interview with the HR manager and he passed me on to a Skype interview a few days later. I thought I had done good during both interviews, but didn't end up getting the job. They didn't really ask me questions about the job but more about my experience when I studied abroad and what I knew about the company.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ISA (International Studies Abroad) (Austin, TX).

Interview

Initially interviewed with the HR head which led to a group panel interview on Skype. All seemed to go smoothly but didn't end up with an offer. I believe my qualifications/experience matched well with the position but ultimately was given reason that did not seem to be an issue during the interview as to why I wasn't fit for the position.

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

I had a great phone interview with the HR rep and was told that I was a great candidate and that he would like to set up an in person interview. The in person interview went well, I was at the site for over an hour, and had a Skype interview later that afternoon with an executive who was traveling and out of the office. The next day I sent thank you emails to everyone I met with and received no responses. I reached out to the HR rep regarding their hiring timeline/when I should be hearing back about whether I was selected or not and he never responded. As it was over the holidays I gave it some time and reached out again. Again I was just simply ignored. From what I gleaned I was only one of two people being considered for the position at that time, so it seemed bizarre and frankly very unprofessional for the HR rep to not respond to me, regardless of what the news was. At that point I would have at least liked to have received a generic rejection email. The lack of communication was a huge red flag!

Global Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ISA (International Studies Abroad) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview is done though a web program similar to Skype. Make sure to set it up well before the interview, There are often technical difficulties. The interview lasted about 25 minutes, and it consisted of about 4 questions.

Interview Questions

• What was you favorite part about studying abroad?
      What are some things you plan on doing as a Global Ambassador?
      Why is it important for students to study abroad?   Answer Question

Service Placement Coordinator Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR representative. Informal preliminary interview was comfortable and informative. I was asked about my international experience and was briefed on the duties of the position. I was told I would have a 2nd interview and was never contacted again.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ISA (International Studies Abroad) (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a short, 30 minutes Skype interview, mostly with the interviewer giving me information on what my job would be should I be hired. It went very quickly and at the end of the interview, I was told I got the job and asked if I would take it. I accepted and from there she went on to show me how to use the resources available to me online.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are some events you would plan to promote studying abroad?
      Q: What was your favorite part of studying abroad?
      Q: Why do you want to be a GA?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

I interviewed with a member of ISA's executive team within the past year. My interviewer was very friendly and respectful of my time. They made it clear that they had reviewed my information, and I did not feel like I had to repeat myself at all. The overall structure of the interview was very informal and not very structured. I had already completed a phone interview with HR, where the majority of the preliminary questions were answered. The majority of the in-person interview was spent talking about my work experience and study abroad experience. There was little emphasis on my academic background other than my second language proficiency. I was given ample opportunity to ask questions about the position and the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview with HR:
      -Describe your background pertaining to this position?
      -How do you deal with/redirect unhappy customers?
      -Do you speak a second language?
      -Tell me about your study abroad experience. What worked and didn't work with the provider you used?
      -What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      -What is the most important thing you've learned in your current position?   Answer Question

Custom Program and Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ISA (International Studies Abroad) (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a 20 minute interview with HR in Austin, Texas but job was located in Kentucky. Really standard questions "Tell us about yourself" "Name one thing you've learned in the past year" the interviewer was really nice and made me feel at ease. I was offered a second interview, but decided I did not want to pursue the job further as I learned the Kentucky office was only 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Name one thing you've learned in the past year. Why are you interested in ISA?   Answer Question

Global Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ISA (International Studies Abroad).

Interview

Interview via Skype, fairly easy interview: they ask you most about your study abroad experience and what you have learned through your study abroad process. The interviewer is very nice. The interview too less than half and hour and you will get an offer(or not) by the time you are done talking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me the offer right after the interview.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ISA (International Studies Abroad) (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application online on their career page for the specific position (not for "General ISA Applicant"), and then later received a followup phone call to schedule an interview (within about 3 business days from when I submitted the application). I later had a phone interview the same day as the initial appointment scheduling phone call. After the call, I was called a 3rd time to arrange an in person interview, which occurred the next day at the Austin office, in person. Sometimes interviews happen via Skype instead of in person.

Interview Questions

• They asked about prior work experience and what was relevant to the position I was applying for   Answer Question