ISE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ISE Interview Questions

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ISE (New York, NY).

Interview

I got a phone interview for position after applying randomly online. Got called about a week later to come in for an interview. Everyone was very friendly and interview questions were not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Some simple SQL scripts to answer and a few situational programming problems.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ISE (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview went well. The interviewer was really nice and polite, basically, just a small chat about how you applied for this position and your skills related. Understanding about the assistant job is required and how do you see yourself in admistrative careerpath.

ETF Ventures Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ISE (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on college career website. And I got the email from the HR to schedule an interview with me. However, I cannot remember when do I submit the application. The head of ISE ETF Ventures asked me some basic questions and some financial knowledge? Also, he asked me some related experience.

Market Surveillance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ISE (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Apply Online
    2. HR reaches out to you for a phone interview (very flexible with timing)
    3. Willie Wong, one of the managers in the Surveillance department will have about a 30 minute phone interview with you
    4. Within the next week HR will reach out to you to setup an in-person interview (once again very flexible with timing)
    5. In-person interview with Willie Wong and another manager or a current analyst. This will last about an hour

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ISE in September 2014.

Interview

The process involved meeting with several peers and hiring management. Parts of the interview were focused on detailed technical questions related to designs, configuration management as well as troubleshooting. If you answer the first portion of the questions correctly, the next management related questions are standard related to how you work with teams and peers. As well as reasons why you are seeking new/different employment.

Interview Questions

• How might you configure BGP between peering routers? What would you do to design and implement multicast distribution in large scale financial networks?   Answer Question

* Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ISE.

Interview

Great HR on-boarding process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered is a fixed base with range for bonus and long term compensation

Senior Computer Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ISE (New York, NY).

Interview

I had 2 interviews > First interview was with HR. Follow by hiring Manage> The 2nd round Interview was with Director of Operation, then the Head of Operation

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, they are more interested on following set by step instructions, and able to get along with the team   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate pay due to potential for hihg Bonus and 15% shift diff, and a lot of overtime pay

Desktop Support Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ISE (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied on their website for the Desktop Support position.
    It was pretty good, I received a reply the day after I submitted my resume with a request to have a phone interview as they were pretty interested in my resume.

I spoke with two people, a systems administrator and another IT employee. It mainly revolved around me telling a little bit about myself, they want to know your technical background and how much computer experience you have. They barely questioned about behavior.

After that, they said that they would like me to come in for 1 on 1 interview. I was supposed to meet with the Engineering department manager and the Systems Administrator, but only the Systems Administrator showed up. He explained the process of the job and what it'd be like (answering tickets) and further questioned my technical background giving little chance to speak until the end.

He then said that he liked me, but he also liked 2-3 other candidates as well. He told me he would get in touch with a week - and I appreciated his honesty at the end.

I then received a letter from HR saying that they know my resume and background is rather impressive, but they have chosen another candidate which much better fits their requirements for this internship.

Interview Questions

• What would you do before you edit anything system like?   1 Answer
    • What do you know in regards to batch scripting?   Answer Question
    • How are you able to handle things under pressure? Are you impatient?   Answer Question
    • How would you find an IP address for your workspace?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ISE in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very long--first there was a phone interview, then an in-person interview where I met with seven people individually and took an hour-long computer test. In total, the in-person interview took around three hours. The people I met with were nice and the interview questions were standard. It had a traditional, formal, corporate feel.

Interview Questions

• Given a surprisingly difficult computer test in Word, Excel, PPT. I use these programs often and feel very comfortable with them, but I wasn't able to finish the test in time and didn't know how to do some of the very specific formatting questions in the test.   Answer Question

I got a better offer around the same time.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ISE (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with two people for an internship position. It was fairly a behavioral interview with questions such as "How did you handle a conflict situation?" " What did you get out of that experience?" "Give me an incident when you made a mistake and how did you handle it?" what would you do if....

Then they gave me the opportunity to ask them questions regarding the job and or the company. It was a rather pleasant experience and the interviewees were extremely personable and easy going.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation when you have too much on your plate and you're stressed out?   Answer Question