ISS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ISS

2.3

Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ISS (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Met manager, talked about the position and location and then finished discussion and pay in the parking lot. Very casual and not very professional. Acted as if I was taking up too much time which the entire process took less than 30 minutes. As long as I was alive and willing to do the job I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What shift are you available.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired in at a higher starting wage than what was offered.

Janitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ISS (Tempe, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Hired quickly on the spot. I just went in to fill out applications of my qualifications. I got my shirts for work after passing the background check. It was very simple. I got to see the manager who was in Charge. I was given my shift hours. I got my 2 shirts for work. I was told to report on time.

Interview Questions

• If I want to work part time or fulltime?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ISS.

Interview

The process for hiring and interviews was per the norm that you would expect in a job interview. There were no trick questions or scenarios posed during the interview. The Manager worked off a script that was supplied by the Human Resource department.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing that was unexpected that was asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations, our former company was acquired by ISS.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ISS (Temple, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Asked the general questions, work experience, availability, work ethics, job history, background check, ID, ssn, and completed application. Asked if I was willing and able to work weekends. Asked how long I saw myself staying with the company.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job?   1 Answer
    • How much experience do you have pertaining to this position?   1 Answer

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ISS (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was light and easy. I was sat down with 4 team members in an interview that last approx 30-45 mins and was called back and offered the job within an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry or frustrated customer?   1 Answer

Dec 29, 2017 – VP Talent, Learning & Development

Thanks for sharing your experience! We are trying to make the process of joining ISS as seamless as possible. We have a good deal of work to do. I'm glad your interview process went well and welcome... More

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ISS (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

The Initial contact with the recruiter was great. Very energetic and efficient. After the recruiter set up a interview with the VP of HR it was done in a great timely manner. After about 2 weeks later I had an interview with a regional manager. After another 2 weeks I got an email to meet the 3er person the VP of the region. After over a 2 week of no contact I wrote emails to the recruiter and VP of HR.
    They didn't contact or return the phone calls or emails. At the end they didn't made me aware of nothing. No letter, No communication. They waste my time and money . I had to pay $70.00 per day for a baby sitter to take care my daughter with down syndrome.
    Giving the candidates the run a round is not professional. I will never do that as HR person.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ISS (Sioux Falls, SD) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. They ask you general questions about who you, what previous jobs you had. You answer the questions, and they take that into account. Responsilbity and time management are definitely important because of the fact that you should know everything about this company. Housekeeper is important for time management.

Interview Questions

ISS Response

Dec 29, 2017 – VP Talent, Learning & Development

It sounds like the process was relatively easy, I'm sorry you didn't join us. Please let us know if there was anything we could have done differently. We are always trying to improve our hiring... More

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ISS (Woodbridge, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

There was barely an interview process. I called a "supervisor" who worked at one of the locations, she told me what I'd be doing, and I started the very next day. Since they were desperate for workers. After the end of the first day I filled out a form, give them my photo ID & Social Security card and that was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to work full-time or part-time?   1 Answer

Day Porter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ISS (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It was fast and the job was offered on the spot and I began the same day. they did run a background check because sometime we would have to go to government offices but they did that a week after I was already working.

Interview Questions

• do you mind working in different areas?   1 Answer

Facilities Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ISS.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. There seems to be a major disconnect between their recruiters and hiring managers. They reached out to me, set up a phone interview, and then never got back in touch with me. I had to email the recruiter for an update and all she could tell me was she had not heard back from the hiring manager. You should not contact people and waste their time with a phone screen if you are not even going to follow up and give them a yes or no.

Interview Questions

ISS Response

Jan 23, 2018 – VP Talent, Learning & Development

Thanks for your review! You feedback on the hiring process is important to us. Its unfortunate your experience was not a positive one. We are working with our Recruiting team and field manager... More