ITG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2017

2.8

Trading Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITG (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

1.) Email for on-site Interview
    2.) Met with 3 people on the immediate team
    3.) Few days later met with 2 MD
    4.) Met with Director the following week
    5.) Heard back from my direct manager a few days later with offer

Overall process was simple and took about 2 weeks. HR was very responsive and fast.

Interview Questions

• General questions about previous job experience. Not too technical.   Answer Question

Trade Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITG (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a in person interview relatively quickly. I have a technical background, which they were looking for. Questions about my work experience, situational questions, description about the job and daily duties.

It's a small team and obviously if you've worked with traders enough they will have had some experience with ITG (my traders experiences were mostly negative as they all switched to competitors)... I was interviewing with Bloomberg and Tradewebs (offers from both)

Interview Questions

• Why ITG, explain your personal work experience and skill set that relates to the position, what can you offer to ITG   1 Answer

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITG (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was extremely rude, dismissive, and made several references implying that I had lied on my resume. I've never encountered such attitude from an interviewer (and the head of experience design at that!)

Interview Questions

• How do you communicate with teams in different time zones?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ITG (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through school's career portal. The HR made initial contact via email and set up the interview. The interview was with the team (department) that was hiring and it lasted over 2 hours in total. The whole team of 5 people came to talk to me. Two at a time and in the end the Head of the Department.

Nothing intimidating! Regular conversational tone. I was asked to explain a couple of information from my resume which I did.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your about yourself.
      Why do you want to join this department.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITG in March 2017.

Interview

Not clear about the what they want. Took too long with no answer. there were too many people interview so it is too time consuming. The people in general are very good to interact with and they treat you decent.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ITG.

Interview

Lots of skype interviews; had to interview with HR, then a technical round with a few members of the group the position was for, then a few interviews with higher level employees.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ITG (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Got the interview in OCR and the HR comes in. HR is very nice and kind and ask about the resume. The talk is very happy and right in the pace.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ITG (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Many on site interviews, very time consuming, very poor HR communication throughout must steps of the process - bad HR. Otherwise, everyone there seemed really nice and the work seemed good.

Interview Questions

• Nothing Difficult, combination of technical and behavioral questions related to the role.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITG.

Interview

Lots and lots of hoops to jump through--the entire process took a month and ended up being a complete waste of time!

The first round was a technical phone screen which quizzed me on a mix of relevant and obscure programming constructs (keywords, OO paradigms, threading, garbage collection, etc.).

Next came a timed take-home test, which took a couple of hours. After that, I went on-site and spent 3 hours interviewing with 4 different people. There was a mix of whiteboard coding and behavioral questions, nothing too crazy. At this point, they expressed interest in presenting me an offer, but wait, there's more!

Before I could get an offer from them, I had to have two more rounds of Skype calls with their management, and had to fill out a variety of forms: a reference check (yes, they called them), my complete employment history, and proof of income at my current and previous jobs (yes, seriously!). I felt like a criminal who had to prove his innocence before I could work there.

I'd also like to point out that throughout this entire process, they wanted constant reassurance about how great they are compared to other companies. I had no less than four separate phone conversations with them about this, and every time I gave them my honest perspective. I felt like I was dealing with a needy girlfriend, and honestly, it was a major turnoff about the company.

To top it all off, the day they were going to send me the offer, they called me and told me they changed their minds. What a complete waste of time! I don't think I've ever felt as disrespected by any other company during the interview process

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ITG (New York, NY).

Interview

I has a series of skype interviews with increasing levels of management. All of the questions were behavioral, but they asked me to emphasize my technical background and interest in the role.