ITG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ITG Interview Questions

Interviews at ITG

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First ask Why choose ITG?
    He went through the resume, asked me what I learned in the college and what language I was willing to use and what team I was interested to join.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ITG (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter for pre-screen. After that a Technical Screening round.
    Selected for onsite. Got very positive reviews on that. I liked the team as well.

For final steps, the recruiter was super interested in knowing salary expectations. After a lot of declining, I mentioned a Range. That was it. Absolute no contact after that. Took multiple attempts to even get and update on the status.

After two months of silence, my mail was answered with a generic reject.
    Negative Experience. Not at all recommended. This kinda reflects how they treat prospective employees.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITG.

Interview

Lots and lots of hoops to jump through--the entire process took a month and ended up being a complete waste of time!

The first round was a technical phone screen which quizzed me on a mix of relevant and obscure programming constructs (keywords, OO paradigms, threading, garbage collection, etc.).

Next came a timed take-home test, which took a couple of hours. After that, I went on-site and spent 3 hours interviewing with 4 different people. There was a mix of whiteboard coding and behavioral questions, nothing too crazy. At this point, they expressed interest in presenting me an offer, but wait, there's more!

Before I could get an offer from them, I had to have two more rounds of Skype calls with their management, and had to fill out a variety of forms: a reference check (yes, they called them), my complete employment history, and proof of income at my current and previous jobs (yes, seriously!). I felt like a criminal who had to prove his innocence before I could work there.

I'd also like to point out that throughout this entire process, they wanted constant reassurance about how great they are compared to other companies. I had no less than four separate phone conversations with them about this, and every time I gave them my honest perspective. I felt like I was dealing with a needy girlfriend, and honestly, it was a major turnoff about the company.

To top it all off, the day they were going to send me the offer, they called me and told me they changed their minds. What a complete waste of time! I don't think I've ever felt as disrespected by any other company during the interview process

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITG (Boston, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

1. Phone screen
    2. On site, including 1 to 1 with software manager and 2 software engineers. And one multiple choice technical test.

Interview Questions

Interview

Initial screening was on-campus and very laid-back. Nothing technical. They just asked questions about my experience and skills. Next, the on-site interview was also non-technical, surprisingly. I met with three members of the team individually and they just asked me questions about myself. Very friendly.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ITG (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college. They scheduled an interview at my college. Was expecting technical questions but all questions were behavioral. Asked a lot of questions on my background and my experiences with transitions as an international student.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience working as a team? Was there any conflict and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITG (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. An informal visit and meet/greet with team members. A phone interview then a final phone interview with the managing director.

"I really dislike how Glassdoor forces you to enter 30 words so I have instead decided to complain and fill this space with nonsense."

Interview Questions

• Technical related and curious as to how well I work with others and remotely.   1 Answer

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ITG (New York, NY).

Interview

I has a series of skype interviews with increasing levels of management. All of the questions were behavioral, but they asked me to emphasize my technical background and interest in the role.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ITG (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through school's career portal. The HR made initial contact via email and set up the interview. The interview was with the team (department) that was hiring and it lasted over 2 hours in total. The whole team of 5 people came to talk to me. Two at a time and in the end the Head of the Department.

Nothing intimidating! Regular conversational tone. I was asked to explain a couple of information from my resume which I did.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your about yourself.
      Why do you want to join this department.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITG (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Gave my resume to hr in the career fair, and then got the invitation to a networking event after a few months. And then got the interview 1 week after the networking event. And then received another round after that. People are basically very nice and friendly. And they just want to find the fit person.

Interview Questions

• First round is a test. Second round is a 30-minute interview on resume.   Answer Question