ITT Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.5

Human Resources Position (Temporary) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Corp (Valencia, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

A staffing firm sent me to the Valencia, CA location for a possible long-term temporary assignment The role itself was not a true representation of the assignment. I was told it was a HR Generalist role but in actuality, it was truly a HR Assistant/Administrator role. One of the interviewers yawn on several occasions throughout the interview which I thought was rude. The other interviewer was prior military which I was too and thought I had a good rapport with her. She wanted me to come back the following week to meet with her manager. However, after a couple of days, I was informed by the staffing firm that they passing on me without even granting me a second interview. I'm shaking my head because i was told that the second interviewer said that she wanted me to come back the following week to meet with her manager. I guess this company isn't friendly to Military Veterans after all!

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Corp (Valencia, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

My interview experience was extremely positive. The interviewers were extremely laid back and shown a lot of interest in what I had done. A majority of the interview was consisted of going over my resume. In addition, I was given scenarios to work out possible solutions.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Corp.

Interview

Lengthy hiring process but easy interview. Depending on the location, you must be a native citizen due to the sensitivity of the work being done there. Basic knowledge check, school experiences, and previous work experience questions. Honestly, one of the easiest interviews I've ever had.

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Corp (White Plains, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a great phone interview. I was told by the hiring manager I'd be brought in for an in person interview the following week, but I never heard back. I followed up with the HR person that coordinated the phone interview and got no response. I completely understand if, in the end, I wasn't the right person for the job. But common courtesy would be to at least let all candidates know the position is filled by another candidate, which it ultimately was.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Corp.

Interview

Initial email was sent to setup interview time and date. Was on the phone with three people asking IA questions regarding security threats, vulnerability compliance and certifications.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable working in a war zone and living in a tent.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just negotiated for more hours from 60 to 72.

Opex Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ITT Corp (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter. Basic questions asking about my experience. Asked current salary, required salary, and if I owned a home. I think it was required for relocation. Said he would get back with me but never did.

Interview Questions

• None. All question were straight forward. If you are confident in your abilities you will have no problems.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ITT Corp (White Plains, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied using the online process. I was contacted by email to set up a phone screen. I provided availability which included same day options. HR set up an appointment for the same day. Less than a week later (on a Friday afternoon) I received an invite to interview the coming Monday 12:30-5pm. I acknowledged the email and agreed to the onsite interview. I then received a schedule of people I would be meeting.

On Monday morning, I received an email from HR saying that someone was out sick - I should arrive at 1:30 instead. I arrived at 1:30 to be told that 2 more people would be unavailable but HR was able to schedule a meeting with someone who would typically see me during a second round.

I first met with the HR rep. She was full of energy and passion for the company and her colleagues. We had a great rapport.

Next I met with the person who had not originally appeared on the schedule - a Director level in IT. Again, we had a great rapport and I was told that looking at my resume and hearing about my experience - it looked as if the position was written for me. He was also full of energy and passion for the company and his colleagues - mentioning that though it was now small - you could walk down the hall and chat directly with a very senior person in the organization.

Next I met with the hiring manager's supervisor - a Director level in HR. I have thought about our meeting many times since then and have yet to remember a time in which I felt more UNWELCOME or UNWANTED during an interview. She was abrasive and evasive - and always with a smile. She told me that I clearly did not have the qualifications for the position. When I explained that I did have the qualifications and how they related - she cut me off. I asked what the hours were like at the company and she told me that she did "not quantify them - they were like her last company - typical corporate hours"..... She ended the meeting 20 minutes early and escorted me to a conference room (I was scheduled to meet the next person in their office).

I sat in the conference room for 25 minutes until the HR coordinator came in to tell me that the hiring manager would not be able to meet me - she was on an important call...

After hearing great things about ITT from an employee perspective, I had high hopes.

After going there and being treated like dog doo on the bottom of a shoe - I wish I had never walked through the door. Not only did I feel attacked by the last person with whom I interviewed ( - and by the way, it is okay for her to feel this way - but tell it to the HR Coordinator and Rep - don't keep BULLYing the applicant) I considered the enter exercise a waste of time.

It has been more than a week and I've not had a follow up from anyone...

Interview Questions

• Not a specific question considered difficult or unexpected - but the horrible feeling of being bullied by an HR Director   Answer Question

Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Corp (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The Interview Process was thorough and they asked detailed questions. I interviewed with multiple managers in operations. The HR team was supportive and eager to help with on boarding.

Interview Questions

• They were concerned with past achievements with inventory turns.   Answer Question

Legal Extern Interview

Application

I interviewed at ITT Corp in September 2012.

Interview

Interview with two attorneys, took place in a small conference room, they talked about what ITT was a company, my interests in law in general, who I would be reporting to

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ITT Corp (Alexandria, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

Had to provide a copy of my current paystub. The process was overly simple because Phacil was the new contracting company at the job site I was already working at. The client had dictated which contractors were to remain, so all Phacil did is look at our current paycheck. This was a very uncomfortable interview as Phacil did not necessarily want to hire me, but the client was adamant.

Negotiation

No negotiation and due to differences in benefits, ended up having to take a $5000 a year pay cut