ITT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.5

Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The Interview Process was thorough and they asked detailed questions. I interviewed with multiple managers in operations. The HR team was supportive and eager to help with on boarding.

Interview Questions

• They were concerned with past achievements with inventory turns.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ITT (Alexandria, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

Had to provide a copy of my current paystub. The process was overly simple because Phacil was the new contracting company at the job site I was already working at. The client had dictated which contractors were to remain, so all Phacil did is look at our current paycheck. This was a very uncomfortable interview as Phacil did not necessarily want to hire me, but the client was adamant.

Negotiation

No negotiation and due to differences in benefits, ended up having to take a $5000 a year pay cut

Human Resources Position (Temporary) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT (Valencia, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

A staffing firm sent me to the Valencia, CA location for a possible long-term temporary assignment The role itself was not a true representation of the assignment. I was told it was a HR Generalist role but in actuality, it was truly a HR Assistant/Administrator role. One of the interviewers yawn on several occasions throughout the interview which I thought was rude. The other interviewer was prior military which I was too and thought I had a good rapport with her. She wanted me to come back the following week to meet with her manager. However, after a couple of days, I was informed by the staffing firm that they passing on me without even granting me a second interview. I'm shaking my head because i was told that the second interviewer said that she wanted me to come back the following week to meet with her manager. I guess this company isn't friendly to Military Veterans after all!

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ITT (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

1 interview. Asked about my previous job. Talked about what they do and what they were looking for. I told them about my experience and why i thought it would fit their company perfectly, which it did. Ended the interview on a good note.

Interview Questions

• What prior experience do you have that you believe make you qualified for this job?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT (Valencia, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

My interview experience was extremely positive. The interviewers were extremely laid back and shown a lot of interest in what I had done. A majority of the interview was consisted of going over my resume. In addition, I was given scenarios to work out possible solutions.

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT (White Plains, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a great phone interview. I was told by the hiring manager I'd be brought in for an in person interview the following week, but I never heard back. I followed up with the HR person that coordinated the phone interview and got no response. I completely understand if, in the end, I wasn't the right person for the job. But common courtesy would be to at least let all candidates know the position is filled by another candidate, which it ultimately was.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT.

Interview

Lengthy hiring process but easy interview. Depending on the location, you must be a native citizen due to the sensitivity of the work being done there. Basic knowledge check, school experiences, and previous work experience questions. Honestly, one of the easiest interviews I've ever had.

Legal Extern Interview

Application

I interviewed at ITT in September 2012.

Interview

Interview with two attorneys, took place in a small conference room, they talked about what ITT was a company, my interests in law in general, who I would be reporting to

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ITT (Rockville, MD) in December 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people. One grilled me to see how I would respond. Good interview overall. Got to speak with people at different levels of he company.

Interview Questions

• Asked technical question on digital vs. analog. Got question wrong. Was asked how I could work there.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT.

Interview

Initial email was sent to setup interview time and date. Was on the phone with three people asking IA questions regarding security threats, vulnerability compliance and certifications.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable working in a war zone and living in a tent.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just negotiated for more hours from 60 to 72.