ITT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.5

Fiance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ITT (Herndon, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Very well

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of "What If" Questions that are related to the type of postion you are applying for.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suitland, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ITT (Suitland, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online and a day or two later got an email asking me a few questions. (What had I been doing since graduating, my Java experience, salary I would want, if I had a security clearance)

After emailing them back, they responded requesting to set up a phone interview. A week or so later I had the interview. It was with an HR rep and one of the lead Software Engineers. It mostly consisted of them asking about a few of the projects I had done in college (as that was the only experience on my resume). No technical questions other than "name some advanced data structures, what would they be used for". Overall the interview was very friendly. I thought it went fairly well but they decided to go with someone else. The job was originally directed at people with a few years experience so that may have played a part in their decision.

Interview Questions

• Can you name some data structures? What would they be used for?   1 Answer

Educational Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT (West Covina, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I submitted my application online and it took almost three weeks to hear from them. I was invited to a group interview (together with about six other people). The group interview was fairly easy, mainly the director of recruiting spoke and gave an overview over the position. She also addressed salary (which was in the lower $40.000-range) and that this job was sales job (which wasn't completely clear to me reading the position announcement).
    About a week after the group interview I was asked to do a six minute Wonderlic test online which was fairly easy. Then I was I was invited to a phone interview with very standard questions. A few days later I had an on-site interview, again with the Director of Recruitment which was a bit of a disaster. I was supposed to be there at 10:30 am but the person who was supposed to interview me didn't show up till 11 am. Then I was supposed to take another Wonderlic test but the Director of Recruitment was unable to set the test up for me on one of the computers. The person tried for about 2 hours, finally called technical support. In the meantime she had me fill out (!) the questionnaire with the questions she was supposed to ask me during the interview, so technically she actually wasn't interviewing me. These questions were again pretty standard and a repeat of the questions from the phone interview. The only question that really irritated me was something along the lines of "How far would you go in distorting the truth if it helps your sale?" The wording was slightly different but it was pretty clear to me that they wanted to know if you would lie, if you "had" to. Whatever you answer to this question is, of course, your choice but considering that you are trying to get people to buy an education of $48.000/year (the merits of which are not entirely clear), I chose to answer honestly and tell them that no, I would not lie.
    After almost three and a half hours (and another short interview with the Educational Director) I could finally take the test which was also not too difficult but I was honestly exhausted by then and stunned by the lack of professionalism in conducting this interview. After the skills test there was another 60 question personality test which contained questions like "Would you like to rule the world?", "Have you ever lied?", "Do you like to be the center of attention". They make you answer these questions in two ways: You are supposed to tell them how the ideal candidate for this job would answer the question and how you personally answer the question.
    After the interview I did not hear back from them at all, so I called and I was told that my test score was below what they expected which was not completely surprising to me because I knew that I had been tired and weary by the time they finally had given me the test. I successfully completed graduate school and did very well on the GRE (which is considerably more difficult than the Wonderlic), so I know brains is not the problem. I was also told that they had a "hiring freeze" which was a bit surprising because the Director of recruitment conveyed a sense of urgency in hiring people.
    Anyway, overall the Director of recruiting was very nice and friendly but this particular interview wasn't handled so well.

Interview Questions

• How far would you go (in distorting the truth) to make a sale?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle problems with difficult co-workers?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ITT (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

1 interview. Asked about my previous job. Talked about what they do and what they were looking for. I told them about my experience and why i thought it would fit their company perfectly, which it did. Ended the interview on a good note.

Interview Questions

• What prior experience do you have that you believe make you qualified for this job?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ITT (Rockville, MD) in December 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people. One grilled me to see how I would respond. Good interview overall. Got to speak with people at different levels of he company.

Interview Questions

• Asked technical question on digital vs. analog. Got question wrong. Was asked how I could work there.   1 Answer

Instrumentation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kekaha, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT (Kekaha, HI) in September 2010.

Interview

Got Hired over the phone. Company was in the middle of changing over the Radar systems and in need of engineers who were willing to relocate to Kauaʻi. Basically call me up to ask me if I wanted the job or not. The interview seemed more of a recruiting than an actual interview for the job. Seemed like no one wanted to relocate to Kauaʻi.

Interview Questions

• No hard or unexpected questions for my hiring process. Basically explained the job situation, what I would gain and be responsible for and hardest question asked, was do you want the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a relocation package that I could have taken. Covers up to $10,000 for hotel, rental car, and shipping of personal belongings.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I interviewed at ITT (Clifton, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

One day, four interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT (College Station, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Included HR , Resume based and Technical questions on fluent proe and software questions u list on ur resume

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NOT- much

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ITT (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was easy, the company was very cooperative and the behavior was quite professional

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have dealt with a crisis and resolved it with teamwork?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITT (Santa Ana, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

I was already hired as an Intern so I didn't have to interview for the full time engineer position, but I hear that there are at least 3 interviews. 1 with HR and 2 with engineering managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had no experience so I didn't negotiate.