ITT Technical Institute Adjunct Instructor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ITT Technical Institute Adjunct Instructor Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Cordova, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Cordova, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

Had to teach a lesson on the subject matter I had applied for. I was given the first chapter of the book I was to teach from via email a few days before the interview. I taught a 20 minute mini-lesson on the introductory chapter,.

Interview Questions

• Not many. Most of the evaluation was based on my teaching style.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Oxnard, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was asked to present a 30 minute sample lecture to an audience that included the Academic Dean, Department Chair, and other full-time instructor. After the presentation, I was asked questions about my teaching philosophy, why I want tot teach, and how I might handle problems that might occur in the classroom.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach?
      Are you familiar with the demographics of our students?
      What is your philosophy of teaching?
      How would you discipline students who misbehave in class?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

I was given a course topic related to the area of instruction (Firewalls) that I was interviewing for. I was asked to conduct a mock lecture session about 20 minutes in length. I presented in front of the IT Director and a couple of other instructors. Feedback was minimal, but the primary goal was to just see how you could command a classroom.

Interview Questions

• Q: Will I learn to hack in this class? (Instructor posing as a student)   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in March 2015.

Interview

Quick phone interview followed by in-person interview. Had to present a sample presentation and go over a few basic administrative tasks. There were no questions so asess my knowledge of any of the subjects I would be teaching.

I was told I could teach 2 courses that I had very very little knowledge of, as they were desperate for instructors.
    I had to present a sample presentation that I had very little notice to prepare. I completely bombed it, and still got an offer
    I was in shock at how easy it was to become and instructor there. I can't imagine that students get a good value for their money, as they hire instructors who potentially cannot teach, or know the material.
    It did not seem like a well-run operation by an stretch of the imagination. I would call it borderline dishonest.
    I got an offer to teach 2 courses and could not say "No" fast enough.

If you want an easy teaching job go for it. It certainly isn't difficult to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with the courses you would be teaching.   1 Answer

It did not seem like a well-run operation by an stretch of the imagination. I would call it borderline shady/dishonest.
    I got an offer to teach 2 courses and could not say "No" fast enough.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Easy met with 3-4 faculty members toured facility. Interview process was easy had to teach a 10 minute presentation like a classroom session to faculty. They are a bit disorganized so be flexible. Submitted to background investigation and have not heard back yet. Background has taken over 3 weeks and I have no adverse areas in my background.

Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Sylmar, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone call. Face to face chalk talk presentation. Discussion with Dean. It seems as if they are desperate for instructors with certain skill sets so they are not particularly discriminating. A warm body with a degree and the ability to speak English seems to be the only requirement for employment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with an phone interview. Afterwhich, a in person interview was required. During that time potential instructors were required to prepare a ten minute teaching presentation on a subject of your choice. Then a Q&A session was held. Finally you received feedback from the interview panel and things you did well and things that you could improve upon if this was a real class setting. After the presentation/interview, it took several weeks to receive a decision from the hiring team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The hiring process took a little more than two months and I was already in the system. Everyone I talked to was extremely pleasant and inviting. The questions were normal, nothing to difficult or unexpected. Once I was offered the position It took about a semester to finish all of the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Trying to condense a class into a 10 minute block was a struggle both times. Timing is everything, but busting the clock isn't a killer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because this was essentially my first teaching job so I was just happy to be on a staff.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Interview

Very good, very honest and thorough. There is a teach back session involved where you technical and teaching skills are assessed. Usually done the same day as the interview. The faculty are very friendly, professional and direct. They made clear potential difficulties with the job to ensure you know what to expect. However hours and non-class duties where not disclosed until work began.

Interview Questions

• What strategies would you use to increase student retention?   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Interview

Interview process was relaxed and comfortable. I was given the jump drive with all curriculum, quizzes, and tests. The interview questions were not difficult as I had more questions than the interviewers.

Negotiation

Non negotiable