ITT Technical Institute Admissions Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ITT Technical Institute Admissions Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.3

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied over the phone, interview was scheduled three days later, after interviewing with direct manager had to interview with campus director. I was offered the job three days after interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Kennesaw, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online May 30th was contacted 2 days later for a group interview which only involved me and one other candidate gave a tour of the campus talked about the position and its "metrics" then gave a brief 1-3 minute resume of yourself. This company believes in "selling" an education. After that I was contacted a week later for a one on one interview with the Admissions recruiter and Campus director. Although I only met with the recruiter who didn't even know how to read a resume and was making up questions as he went. Very unprofessionally interview they definitely need an HR recruiter on campus who is more skilled. After the interview was told I would here something after 2 weeks well no communication happened. Figured I didn't get the job and I was kind of realized because the school seemed like a very sleazy, shady operation. Glad I did more research on the company because it was definitely a call center set-up. The whole idea of selling education was very vague and weird. BEWARE of this company very unprofessional and unethical.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Director was on his cell phone and computer during my entire interview. Didnt listen to any of my questions. Read me information about the job word for word off a powerpoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing I should look out for with you? He didnt ask me any questios about than "Tell me about your experience."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Springfield, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process started off easy, I was called in two times, the first interview was with the director of the campus and then a group interview. The second time was with the recruiter. basic questions asked. after the interviews, a background check form is submitted and then you wait for an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was mostly painless (in the beginning). A majority of the time they were talking for the first round interview and then they ask the basic questions. After that, if they like you they will call back for a second interview (which I was able to get) then I met with the director and was invited to a graduation and received notification they would like to provide me an offer and I applied to the job. It took 3-4 weeks because of my previous job fired me on the last day of my two weeks notice. I informed them I did not know why my job had me listed as LOA terminated and never received a call back once they further investigated. I assumed they thought that I lied which I did not. I called the office multiple times to explain my side and they would not return my calls. Personally, I believe that was extremely unprofessional and would not waste my time with a company that says they value empty opinion and will not hear a person's explanation let alone return phone calls. I am glad they missed out on an excellent employee as myself. Home Depot didn't deserve me and neither do you ITT Tech.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Short, easy. A standard "what makes you special/right for the job" kind of interview. It was not hard if you've worked in for-profit education before. They give you a tour, you meet with the president /director, go over the position etc.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for the position?   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Filled out application on company website. Took a week or so before I was contacted for a group interview. Inform group interview. Was contacted a week later for a face to face interview. Director was not available to do my 2nd face 2 face interview. Awhile past and I was contacted foe final interview.

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

I found the ad on Indeed. The phone interview was first and went well scheduling a 1:1 interview. I was interviewed my the admissions manager. I was taken on a tour of the campus and introduced to the campus director and the career counselor. I was even shown the break room. I was told that after the background check came back that I would be offered the job. This did not happen.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The other reviews here are very accurate, but here's my experience: Applied for the job online, filled out the online assessment, and was called later the same day to come in for a group interview the next day. Everyone else who was going to come in with me either cancelled or rescheduled in fewer than 24 hours so the "group" interview ended up being just me. When I arrived at the school the Manager of Recruitment showed me a PowerPoint presentation about the school and told me that the job requires you to work 12pm-9pm twice a week and at least every other Saturday. I asked how much time was spent on the phone (almost all of it) and how much was cold calling (he said none, but also that some of the people they called hadn't requested more information about ITT specifically so that sounds like cold calling to me). I was then given a tour of the school and shown the call center where the Admissions Representatives worked (it was very small and cramped). Whenever I tried to make conversation with my tour guide I got the impression I was distracting him from his memorized dialogue, and he walked ahead of me the entire time to avoid talking to me. After the tour I talked about my resume with him, but ended up saying I didn't want to spend that much time on the phone and left. Everyone I met seemed nice enough, but the whole operation seemed a bit sleazy to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Nashville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

I was called after I put in my resume on LinkedIn and within about 2 months, I was called by someone from the recruitment department. Within a few days, I was in for an interview with 2 people whose job positions I can't remember. I wasn't really asked a lot of questions and was pretty much told about the 'compliance oriented' work that was to be done. I was then given a tour of the facility and then a second interview with a very egotistical man who was head over the admissions representatives who's first question was 'Are you a good follower?' to which I reposed 'Are you a good leader?'. He then went on to tell me was a Navy Seal, how many awards he had won and how superior he was. Ugh... I was really bored. I then went through a background check process and in a few weeks was left a voice message about a few things to go over. I replied and left a message with the person and never heard from them since. Within a few weeks, I saw that that particular location had be sued by students in Nursing who had taken uncredited courses from the location which were not approved by the State Nursing Board and the courses couldn't be transferred to other schools. Whew, I dodged

Interview Questions

Because of the second interview really put me off and also the reputation after the lawsuit.