ITT Technical Institute Director of Career Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ITT Technical Institute Director of Career Services Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The company had an extensive interview process. starting with a phone interview, followed by the 1st interview in person with Campus Director, then a final interview with both the Campus Director and Dean. The whole process took a total on 3 weeks including the level 2 background check.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you possess that we would benefit from   1 Answer

Negotiation

IIt was very easy. I did not have to negotiate, they paid me my asking salary request.

Other Interview Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Director of Career Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

There was an initial telephone interview, with standard question and answer session. I was bought on campus to interview with a panel. The panel interview was also a group interview. It was typical of most employers.

Director of Career Services Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Interviewed with the District Manager first. Once you complete that interview and are still being considered, you interview with the Campus Director. If you are still being considered at this point, a phone interview with the National Director of Career Services will be conducted. Offer will be made by Campus Director. Make sure you negotiate your salary to obtain the highest possible salary. I did not negotiate and I am stuck with a below average salary for a functional manager.

Interview Questions

• This question would be for someone who is already employed in Career Services with the company. I was asked about my conversion rates. How many phone calls do I need to make to produce enough job orders. How many job orders do you need to develop a certain number of interviews. How many interviews do you need to schedule to ensure the proper number of employments are made each week.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one. I asked if that salary was final and was told yes.

Director of Career Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Initial interview was with the School Director and lasted approximately 1 hour. Second interview was held with remaining directors - Dean, Director of Finance, Director of Recruitment, Faculty Chairs and Registrar. Third interview was with Regional Director and School Director. Final Interview was with National Director via phone.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about contacting an employer who might not use ITT as a school of choice?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was discussed via phone with the School Director. Offer was made the next day via phone. I received all documentation (offer letter and other relevant forms) in the mail within a week to be sent back before my official start date.

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Norfolk, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

Panel interview of comprised of campus director and the director of each of the functional areas of the school, i.e. finance, admissions, academics, HR. I made a presentation involving a 90-day action plan with specific dates and milestones. It was not a high-pressure interview. They said that their employment numbers were below their targets and that they were looking for someone to bring them up fast. I told them that I had the accomplishments, expertise and credentials to show that was what I could do quickly and that I was up to the challenge.

Interview Questions

• Why would I be the best person for the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The director offered a salary and I asked, "Is this the best you can do?" He replied that his offer was the highest he was allowed to offer for the position. I responded that I accept!

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

Standard process, apply online and interview with management-began with phone interview, then advanced to on site interview with Campus Director, Skpe with Regional Manager, and phone interview with VP of Career Services.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are a good fit for the position?   1 Answer

Director of Career Services Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in April 2012.

Interview

Everything seemed to be going well until my 4th step of the interview process with the District Manager. It was a tele conference interview, for starters the equipment was not working and someone had to constantly restart the computer, change cameras and interrupt which was highly unprofessional. This could have been a phone interview. The icing on the cake was that the job description was described to me completely different. I did not have the sales experience this position required. Keep in mind the word "sales" was never mentioned to me in the first 2 interviews, nor do I have "sales" listed on my resume at all. I kept reading all the reviews on ITT Tech and there wasn't anything positive to be said, but I still maintained a positive attitude. Very unorganized! The fact that the Director (the person managing this position) knows little about the actual position is shocking. This was a complete waste of my time as well as theirs! The most unprofessional interviewing experience ever!

Interview Questions

• Interview process step 1, consisted of a 45 minute phone interview.   Answer Question
    • 2nd Interview was literally a 16 page interview of behavioral questions that often repeated themselves.   Answer Question

Director of Career Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in December 2007.

Interview

Applied for position online. Was contacted by School Director. I interviewed with the school director within a week. The next week I was called back for a panel interview with the other functional directors in each area. I was then phone interviewed by District Manager and the last step before the offer was a phone interview with the National Director of Career Services.

I was offered the position after the final phone interview and after negotiating salary was offered the position. I started position 3 weeks after acceptance of offer.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation where a student seeking employment faced a barrier such as background, disability, work history, credit, etc. and how you were able to assis them in overcoming that barrier.   Answer Question
    • Do you feel that every student should have equal access to every job opportunity?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate salary based on my level of experience.