ITT Technical Institute Instructor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Came in for demonstration teaching. Was interviewed by the Dean and Program Chair of the department. Panel interview lasted about an hour total. Got a tour of the campus and received a contact later that week to teach the next quarter.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Anaheim, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Goes by a script, includes a teaching demonstration. The teaching presentation is in one of their classrooms, with a panel of educators. Everything is very much scripted by the book

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Moderate interview very professional atmosphere met me at the front desk on time no waiting and was explained the step by step hiring process and the expectations. Also was provided a tour of the campus and given a history on the school.

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Myrtle Beach, SC).

Interview

I was contacted about an instructor position. I had a phone interview related to the position expections and my experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you committed to teaching 6 classes full time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still negotiating salary.

Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Sylmar, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I have an interview and teaching demo. You have to do a teaching demo in front of the heads and dean. They ask me to demo about subnetting and IP addressing.

Interview Questions

• You have to do a teaching demo in front of the heads and dean. They ask me to demo about subnetting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Birmingham, AL) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward, the staff and management were also very personable. Make sure know your technologies that you would be teaching that you listed on your resume well, don't lie about accomplishments. Show them that you have good communication skills and can speak in front of others (if you are an instructor this is of course a no brainer). If you are asked a technical question that you do not know don't freak out, pause for a second and let them know that you do not have a definitive answer or don't know, but you will find them the answer and get back to them with it. That shows you will go out of your way to insure students are getting their questions answered. Show that you are interested in working for them and that you do have value to bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What would be your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Johnson City, TN) in January 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by a four hour panel interview, followed by a lesson demonstration.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee asked you to do something that you were not comfortable with?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if another employee was doing something you felt was wrong?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2009.

Interview

They saw my resume on a job board and called me

Interview Questions

• Can you start next week and work through the holiday season.   1 Answer

They pay was too low and they didn't tell me until right before the class was to begin.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2011.

Interview

Clearly one of the easiest interviews that I have ever been on. The inteviewer was cordial and he explained the duties of the position. Rather than ask me a bunch of questions from a script, we just talked. Afterwords, II was given a tour of the facility

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation in the workplace that you had to deal with difficult people and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in March 2011.

Interview

Application process, personality test, 2 interviews. Teaching audition, resume review and background check. Transcript evaluation and then depending on the position you must meet with a Director or District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions are not difficult and are standardized questions. They want to know how you deal with students. If you do not pass the personality test you will not get called back.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate. Everyone starts at the same rate and then gets a yearly raise.