ITT Technical Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Chattanooga, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

It was brief, just a phone interview. The lady was kind and attentive. She asked a lot about my previous employer. I think overall it went well. I appreciated her thoughtfulness and her demeanor on the phone. It's hard to show personality over the phone but she was very kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• if I could choose an animal I was most like what would it be?   1 Answer

Admision Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Relaxed interview with Director of Recruitment followed by a tour of building with another employee. Friendly employees, but this position is almost entirely about sales work. I was told that the expectations are: three appointments scheduled per day and three applications taken every week. I asked what happens if the goal is not met and I was not given a direct answer. The hours are 9am-6pm three days per week, 12pm-9pm one to two days per week, and every other Saturday 9am-1pm. My research of the company revealed Attorney General complaints filed, fraud charges filed by the Securities and Exchange Commission, and many other legal issues. NO THANK YOU!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied over the phone, interview was scheduled three days later, after interviewing with direct manager had to interview with campus director. I was offered the job three days after interview.

Director of Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Madison, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied in March 2016 - contacted in May 2016 directly by the hiring manager - the Campus Director. It was evident that the role needed to be filled quickly based on the comments by the hiring manager; however, I was told that the next round would be two additional phone screens with the next level of management and then a panel interview. When I asked to see where I would be working, I got some excuse about not disrupting the area which made me uncomfortable as these would be the people I would be supervising and where I would be spending my days. I wanted to know if it was a bull-pen or a private office environment and what the working conditions were like. After two weeks, I placed a phone call to follow-up on the next steps and the hiring manager did not return my call.

During the interview, it was mostly about the hiring managers meteoric rise to the current position and why they needed someone who could deliver and represent the institution. Lots of talk about accountability and integrity. It's evident they don't walk the talk. I subordinate could have been tasked to follow up on a phone message. NOT impressed.

Interview Questions

• Can you manage a team that does not always perform at optimum efficiency?.   1 Answer
    • How many people have managed at any given time?   Answer Question
    • Can you work a flexible schedule?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Kennesaw, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online May 30th was contacted 2 days later for a group interview which only involved me and one other candidate gave a tour of the campus talked about the position and its "metrics" then gave a brief 1-3 minute resume of yourself. This company believes in "selling" an education. After that I was contacted a week later for a one on one interview with the Admissions recruiter and Campus director. Although I only met with the recruiter who didn't even know how to read a resume and was making up questions as he went. Very unprofessionally interview they definitely need an HR recruiter on campus who is more skilled. After the interview was told I would here something after 2 weeks well no communication happened. Figured I didn't get the job and I was kind of realized because the school seemed like a very sleazy, shady operation. Glad I did more research on the company because it was definitely a call center set-up. The whole idea of selling education was very vague and weird. BEWARE of this company very unprofessional and unethical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Springfield, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process started off easy, I was called in two times, the first interview was with the director of the campus and then a group interview. The second time was with the recruiter. basic questions asked. after the interviews, a background check form is submitted and then you wait for an offer.

Director of Career Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

There was an initial telephone interview, with standard question and answer session. I was bought on campus to interview with a panel. The panel interview was also a group interview. It was typical of most employers.

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

I found the ad on Indeed. The phone interview was first and went well scheduling a 1:1 interview. I was interviewed my the admissions manager. I was taken on a tour of the campus and introduced to the campus director and the career counselor. I was even shown the break room. I was told that after the background check came back that I would be offered the job. This did not happen.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The other reviews here are very accurate, but here's my experience: Applied for the job online, filled out the online assessment, and was called later the same day to come in for a group interview the next day. Everyone else who was going to come in with me either cancelled or rescheduled in fewer than 24 hours so the "group" interview ended up being just me. When I arrived at the school the Manager of Recruitment showed me a PowerPoint presentation about the school and told me that the job requires you to work 12pm-9pm twice a week and at least every other Saturday. I asked how much time was spent on the phone (almost all of it) and how much was cold calling (he said none, but also that some of the people they called hadn't requested more information about ITT specifically so that sounds like cold calling to me). I was then given a tour of the school and shown the call center where the Admissions Representatives worked (it was very small and cramped). Whenever I tried to make conversation with my tour guide I got the impression I was distracting him from his memorized dialogue, and he walked ahead of me the entire time to avoid talking to me. After the tour I talked about my resume with him, but ended up saying I didn't want to spend that much time on the phone and left. Everyone I met seemed nice enough, but the whole operation seemed a bit sleazy to me.

Financial Aid Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Columbia, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

The director talked about herself and wanted me to say I was changing positions because of difficulty with my current supervisor...which, by the way was not a problem. I was already an employee, so I spoke with the campus director and the financial aid director

Interview Questions

• Do you want to change positions because you are being mistreated?   1 Answer