ITT Technical Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.4

297 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Adjunct Facutly Interview

Interview

Very lengthy and unsure of the entire process. It was not very clear if they were offering the job and difficult to understand the questions. It was not until I received a new higher email class that any of my questions were really answered.

Dean Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

applied online, phone interview, chalk talk, face to face interview with director and team. Conduct background check, received letter of offer, begin 3 month training process by shadowing senior team member.

Financial Aid Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Online websites were used to collect resumes. The candidate came to campus for a interview with Director. Candidate was also given a tour of the school. Upon completion of discussion with Director the candidate met with the Financial Aid staff.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Chattanooga, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

It was brief, just a phone interview. The lady was kind and attentive. She asked a lot about my previous employer. I think overall it went well. I appreciated her thoughtfulness and her demeanor on the phone. It's hard to show personality over the phone but she was very kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• if I could choose an animal I was most like what would it be?   1 Answer

Financial Aid Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, didn't hear from them for several weeks, to the point I figured they didn't see my resume to be a fit. HR set up a 30 minute phone call with me and had some generic questions which went over well and then set me up for a 2nd in person interview. The in person interview was done by 2 managers, and they had a list of questions they were each asking from, which took a good 45 mins. to hour. They were both very nice, which I appreciated. I've been to other interviews were managers try to bully or intimidate, which make no sense. After the 2 manager interview, I got a call later that day offering me the position. They were the most efficient and professional and friendly people I've interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service questions, my background and how it would relate to this position.   1 Answer

Director of Career Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The company had an extensive interview process. starting with a phone interview, followed by the 1st interview in person with Campus Director, then a final interview with both the Campus Director and Dean. The whole process took a total on 3 weeks including the level 2 background check.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you possess that we would benefit from   1 Answer

Negotiation

IIt was very easy. I did not have to negotiate, they paid me my asking salary request.

Career Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview with Director then you come back for a second interview for a panel interview where you have to conduct a presentation in front of all the directors in the building to see if you can speak clearly in front of a crowd. Then you have to go through a background and reference check takes about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to disk in front of large groups of people o or in front of a class   Answer Question

Admision Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Relaxed interview with Director of Recruitment followed by a tour of building with another employee. Friendly employees, but this position is almost entirely about sales work. I was told that the expectations are: three appointments scheduled per day and three applications taken every week. I asked what happens if the goal is not met and I was not given a direct answer. The hours are 9am-6pm three days per week, 12pm-9pm one to two days per week, and every other Saturday 9am-1pm. My research of the company revealed Attorney General complaints filed, fraud charges filed by the Securities and Exchange Commission, and many other legal issues. NO THANK YOU!!!

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied over the phone, interview was scheduled three days later, after interviewing with direct manager had to interview with campus director. I was offered the job three days after interview.

Director of Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Madison, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied in March 2016 - contacted in May 2016 directly by the hiring manager - the Campus Director. It was evident that the role needed to be filled quickly based on the comments by the hiring manager; however, I was told that the next round would be two additional phone screens with the next level of management and then a panel interview. When I asked to see where I would be working, I got some excuse about not disrupting the area which made me uncomfortable as these would be the people I would be supervising and where I would be spending my days. I wanted to know if it was a bull-pen or a private office environment and what the working conditions were like. After two weeks, I placed a phone call to follow-up on the next steps and the hiring manager did not return my call.

During the interview, it was mostly about the hiring managers meteoric rise to the current position and why they needed someone who could deliver and represent the institution. Lots of talk about accountability and integrity. It's evident they don't walk the talk. I subordinate could have been tasked to follow up on a phone message. NOT impressed.

Interview Questions

• Can you manage a team that does not always perform at optimum efficiency?.   1 Answer
    • How many people have managed at any given time?   Answer Question
    • Can you work a flexible schedule?   Answer Question