ITT Technical Institute Educator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ITT Technical Institute Educator Interview Questions

2.6

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Interview potential students prior to enrollment, conduct campus tours, manage student caseload, retention, cold contacts, recruitment from company developed leads, participate in new student orientation and company directed recruitment initiatives

Interview Questions

Negotiation

simple

Higher Education Community Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Madison, WI).

Interview

Called me to come in for an interview, which ended up being for a position I didn't apply for. Put me through an initial interview, along with an additional one where I needed to present to a group of about 6 people. After that, I was called, offered the position, and told that my offer letter would be emailed to me by the day's end. It was two days after that (and multiple calls made to the director that offered me the job) when I was finally told he made a mistake and offered me the job without getting the OK from the corporate office, which told him that I didn't have enough sales experience for the position.

Interview Questions

• Create a presentation for an example classroom of students about the change in higher education from the past to present.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

I found the position through an online posting and was redirected to the ITT site where I was asked to complete a lengthy application. I was then contacted by the hiring manager (Director of Recruiting) who asked me to complete additional personality and intelligence assessment. After this was completed, he called to set up an in person interview later that week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was not available, hiring manager stated he did not have room to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Baton Rouge, LA) in July 2013.

Interview

application and personality assessment, then on site interview with department head as well as a few minutes with the Campus Director, within 1 week I was called back to begin the hiring process. I went back in to fill out a pile of paperwork so they could conduct my background check and when it was completed I was given and offer letter and waited for my start date. the whole process from interview to start took about 2 weeks

Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Marlton, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

They made me wait well over 30 minutes for a scheduled meeting, then were very unprofessional during the whole interview. They asked me more about my personal life then my professional life.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Overland Park, KS) in December 2011.

Interview

I was called by the Campus Director and invited to a group interview. The group interview was mainly to gauge how aggressive a sales person you were. Those who did not make the cut were asked to leave. Next was an individual interview with the C.D. It really wasn't an interview, but more of a motivational speech about changing students' lives. Bunch of crap.

Interview Questions

• They want to gauge how well you're able to let go of your recruits and stay focused on future students so they don't want to hear about how much you love students. I can't remember specific questions, but just keep that in mind if you're stupid enough to interview with this company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for me, but others did negotiate higher pay with more requirements and misery.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Tucson, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

This was the most unorganized business I have ever been to. I went in for an interview and the director had left. She didn't tell anyone to contact me. I told the girl at the desk to forget it and that I could not work in such an unorganized place.

unorganized

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Richardson, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I was called by the Director of Recruiting for a Phone interview. I was asked to complete a short Skills test online and come in for a group interview. I arrived at the group interview, and I was the only one there. I talked for a few minutes with the Director of Recruiting, and then I took a longer skills test and a personality test. He said they would contact me within a couple days for a second interview if my tests went well. I never heard back from them. I tried following up, but my calls were sent to voicemail by the receptionist.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Center, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Brooklyn Center, MN) in September 2010.

Interview

Rediculously drawn out interview process. I had multiple phone interviews, group interviews, and 1:1 interviews with a number of different people who were never clear on the next step in the process or when a decision would be made. I was told a final decision would be made multiple times more than 2 months before final decision was actually made.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that you believe will prepare you for this career?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existent. All decisions come down from corporate and your input means nothing. Don't expect calling and requesting an update on status to warrant any results. Chances are the person who interviewed you has no idea where your application stands.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position online, responding from a posting on the company's website. About 1 week after I applied I received a call that asked me if I would be willing to come in for "the next step in the process". I showed up at the selected time and waited about 20 minutes when someone came to greet me and take me to do a skills/intelligence test. They asked me if I had a copy of my resume because their 'computer wont print it out correctly.' After the test was over, I notified the recruiter and waited for them to collect my scores. After retrieving my scores they said they would like to do an interview and gave me the option of doing one then or the next day. During the interview the recruiter was extremely friendly but also a bit rudely sarcastic. It became apparent pretty fast that the recruiter thought I was not qualified and didn't have enough experience for the entry-level position. The recruiter then asked me to give her a description of the job I was applying for and I responded, listing 3-4 major things from the job description that I had read. She then responded saying "that's not bad for knowing nothing about the job" and told me that this was a "sales" position and mentioned nothing else but the sales aspect of the job. (After leaving I reviewed the job description and the words 'sale,' 'sales,' 'product' or anything even implying a "sales" position was not listed.)

The interview consisted of roughly 9-10 questions about my previous experience in customer service/sales including very standard questions (tell me of a time when you... 'dealt with a difficult customer,' 'had problems with a co-worker,' 'did an excellent job selling'...including the resolution of the story). Throughout the interview we were interrupted a few different times because the recruiter had phone calls. The recruiter then told me some about the salary and benefits of working with ITT Tech, asked if I had any questions, and then said if they were interested they would contact me for another interview very soon.

While the interview wasn't particularly hard, I would have liked to have been respected a little more. I was familiar with the job description and stated that to the recruiter but because I didn't interpret the job description and boil it all down to 'sales' I was labeled as someone who was applying for a job they knew nothing about. The phone calls were beyond rude in my opinion. I turn my phone off when I come to an interview, the least they should do is notify the secretary they are unable to take calls for the next 15 min.

While I would label this experience as negative, it only seemed to characterize the HR staff. The secretary and other workers that passed through the office were extremely kind and friendly. The HR staff however, had overwhelmed themselves with interviews (each of the phone calls taken during my interview were from other interviewees that were calling to check on their status and while I was waiting in the lobby initially there were at least 2-3 calls for the same thing and one other person waiting to be interviewed.) and i believe it affected their professionalism.

Advice:
    1) Go to a group recruiting introduction. (they seemed to favor these and my recruiter seemed to imply they give you good information about the positions available)
    2) Prepare answers to typical entry-level 'sales' and 'customer service' questions. This will be your interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were expected to sell a particular product to a customer, how you went about it, and the resolution.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with personality conflicts with a co-worker, how you worked through that, and the resolution.   Answer Question