ITT Technical Institute Financial Aid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ITT Technical Institute Financial Aid Interview Questions

2.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Online websites were used to collect resumes. The candidate came to campus for a interview with Director. Candidate was also given a tour of the school. Upon completion of discussion with Director the candidate met with the Financial Aid staff.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, didn't hear from them for several weeks, to the point I figured they didn't see my resume to be a fit. HR set up a 30 minute phone call with me and had some generic questions which went over well and then set me up for a 2nd in person interview. The in person interview was done by 2 managers, and they had a list of questions they were each asking from, which took a good 45 mins. to hour. They were both very nice, which I appreciated. I've been to other interviews were managers try to bully or intimidate, which make no sense. After the 2 manager interview, I got a call later that day offering me the position. They were the most efficient and professional and friendly people I've interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service questions, my background and how it would relate to this position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Columbia, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

The director talked about herself and wanted me to say I was changing positions because of difficulty with my current supervisor...which, by the way was not a problem. I was already an employee, so I spoke with the campus director and the financial aid director

Interview Questions

• Do you want to change positions because you are being mistreated?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Called in to interview and was taken on tour of school. Introduced to the staff and felt welcome. Not much training for the position and often management doesn't know much about anything.

Interview Questions

• What is one time when you were forced to make a decision that you knew would not help a student,   Answer Question

Financial Aid Coordinator Interview

Interview

Applied Monday 9/22/14 and had phone interview 3 days later. This went so well that a face to face was scheduled for 10/1/14. In between the phone interview avd the face to face I had time to google them and found out about the SEC Wells notice, the CFPB lawsuit and the 2.2 Glassdoor.com rating. The f2f interview with the DOF seemed to go well but when the president came in... He commented on my body language asked me two questions and said this was a waiste of time. He didn't have me escorted out the door but I felt dismissed by his royal highness. Maybe I wasn't aggressive enough or maybe I wasn't appropriately disparate. I obviously was too well informed and it clearly affected my attitude.

Interview Questions

• What made this job jump out at you? Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2014.

Interview

there was an introduction interview to speak of the job in detail and then and ital interview with management, there was a few days while waiting for decision then I received a call with the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very fair with management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Orange, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and it took 1 week to call me for 1:1 interview. Met with the Financial Aid Director at the Orange California location. Had a 2nd interview with Campus director at the same day. The next day got an email to process my background check. The Director of Financial Aid requested my W2 and pay stub from my previous job since they could not verify my work history. Waited up to 4 weeks and still have not hear from them. Emailed the Director of Financial Aid to get an update and he let me know that he choose another candidate. I would have appreciated at least to get a phone call and email that he pick someone else. It was unprofessional experienced.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in July 2013.

Interview

1 peer interview and 1 one on one interview were conducted, tour of facility, viewed classrooms, staff areas, internet cafe for students, library, etc. Was very impressed with the entire facility and the staff. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• Who is .......(myself)....Was not expected, but overcame! I was asked to decribe myself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple process, discussed salary requirements, background check, hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Troy, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview hooked me as did the 1:1. Found out after I was hired that they lied to me in the interview process and just told me what I wanted to hear in order to get a butt in the seat. This was solely to alleviate workload from the director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Terrible. I was asked what I made last and then was paid that, with no chance to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Florida, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Florida, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

First Interview with director of finance , second interview was with the campus' director.

Interview Questions

• What is so good about this company that you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is always room ... first offer was low and we negotiated 3K over that.