ITT Technical Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.4

Director of Career Services In Albany NY Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Albany, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Worst phone interview that I have ever had. Recruiter was rude and did not seem to know how to interview. Seemed as though he did not understand me and what I had previously done and/or accomplished in my career. I was insulted by this uneducated, boorish, individual. He did not seem to understand that he was the first person that I encountered at this company, and that he should he aware that his attitude was very unprofessional. He was a poor excuse for a company representative!

Interview Questions

• Questions were not well thought out. Recruiter seemed impatient and stated that he wanted me to sell him. I mentioned that things were not going well, and he agreed. I then told him I was no longer interested and hung up.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

it's very tedious and if you are looking for a job right away if you do not pass the personality test to company standard, the IQ test to company standard and have a clean background, including DUI's you will have a hard time getting hired quickly.

Interview Questions

• The test was a little much because you have to take it twice, one version at home and another when they call you in for an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was horrible I asked for the salary I was making previously at another company and I was told that it was too much.

Educational Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Center, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Brooklyn Center, MN) in September 2010.

Interview

Rediculously drawn out interview process. I had multiple phone interviews, group interviews, and 1:1 interviews with a number of different people who were never clear on the next step in the process or when a decision would be made. I was told a final decision would be made multiple times more than 2 months before final decision was actually made.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that you believe will prepare you for this career?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existent. All decisions come down from corporate and your input means nothing. Don't expect calling and requesting an update on status to warrant any results. Chances are the person who interviewed you has no idea where your application stands.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Owings Mills, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

I was called by the director who asked if I was interested in the position. I told her I was interested, and she emailed a test. I passed the wonderlic test, and I came to a group orientation. When I arrived for the group orientation, the director told all of the applicants to follow her to a computer lab. I was really surprised by the director because she was a very young and attractive woman (probably 25 years old). She was dressed professionally. She graduated in three years with a Bachelor of Science from a University that I have never even heard of, and she majored in a subject I never even knew existed. At that age, it shocked me that she was already a director. But there was a good chance that she was with the company for four years. There were some refreshments during the group orientation, but they were dreadful. The group orientation involved the director and her colleagues giving a presentation about the company. Then, they asked if there were questions. The group orientation involved two tests: wonderlic and personality. There is a time limit on the wonderlic test; the personality test is untimed. The final part was a face to face 5 minute interview with the director. During the interview, I was told if the company was interested, I would be contacted. The results of the tests were available to the company the next day, so I am presuming I failed the tests. Albeit I contacted the director after taking the tests, the director never contacted me for a second interview. They measure the wonderlic by the number of questions you answered correctly. If you answered 15 out of 50 correct, then that is equivalent to answering 15 out of 30 correct. The vocabulary questions were rudimentary because it involved comprehending the meaning of words. Nevertheless, there were questions about shapes and math that were absurd. My biggest gripes are the tests. All of the tests were completely irrelevant to the job description. How does answering a word problem about velocity of a train or analyzing multiple graphs prepare you for this job? These tests should never be used a barometer to measure how well you can do the job.

Interview Questions

• Why would you succeed in this position? How would you translate your previous work experience to this position? What is your previous experience?   Answer Question

Director of Career Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Norfolk, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

Panel interview of comprised of campus director and the director of each of the functional areas of the school, i.e. finance, admissions, academics, HR. I made a presentation involving a 90-day action plan with specific dates and milestones. It was not a high-pressure interview. They said that their employment numbers were below their targets and that they were looking for someone to bring them up fast. I told them that I had the accomplishments, expertise and credentials to show that was what I could do quickly and that I was up to the challenge.

Interview Questions

• Why would I be the best person for the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The director offered a salary and I asked, "Is this the best you can do?" He replied that his offer was the highest he was allowed to offer for the position. I responded that I accept!

Program Chair Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 2 more in house interviews. First interview was with local dean, next interview was with a manager in headquarters. Then 2 additional interviews on the campus, one with dean, one with director. I did not give a presentation bust answered many questions. There was a couple of weeks between each interview and many of the questions were repetitive. The in person interviews took me about 90 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Previous challenges, previous successes, how would I handle specific management problems, previous ethical dilemmas encountered   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure to ask specific questions about benefits and health insurance before accepting offer.

General Interview

Interview

general questions then very specific questions about your experience. examples: how would you rate yourself compared to others?; why should we hire you?;
    Be prepared to convince them you have it all

Interview Questions

• examples: how would you rate yourself compared to others?; why should we hire you?;
      Be prepared to convince them you have it all   1 Answer

Student Recruiter & Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Tempe, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

2 Phone interviews about 30+ minutes each. Face to face interview with one Manager. 2nd in-house interview with a 2nd Manager and the Campus Director. Took 2 tests online (Personality and Sales). Went through 4+ weeks of training: Online Modules, Tests, Script, Oral & Physical Tour Script Test.

Interview Questions

• How does the 20-Minute Campus Tour help lock down a student wanting to finish their interview, application and go through the Financial Aid process?   1 Answer

College Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Springfield, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

1. Submit online resume, very simple process. 2. Respond to brief phone interview with corporate HR representative. 3. Two hour onsite interview with regional director reviewing work history and accomplishments, touring the facility, and learning about the company and role. 4 Comprehensive online personality and behavioral testing including several analytical tools. 5. Follow up phone interview with a contract firm relative to testing to review and validate the results. 6. Schedule an interview with the corporate office, to include interviews with several of the corporate executives.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Portland, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

Detailed process including a ten minute presentation on a desired subject of your choosing in front of a panel of upper management, student chairs, associated instructors. I had the opportunity to present a portion of an actual presentation that I gave at Stanford University. I went in with confidence and was well prepared for the engagement.

Interview Questions

• All questions were expected and answered with confidence   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal