ITT Technical Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.4

Director of Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Madison, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied in March 2016 - contacted in May 2016 directly by the hiring manager - the Campus Director. It was evident that the role needed to be filled quickly based on the comments by the hiring manager; however, I was told that the next round would be two additional phone screens with the next level of management and then a panel interview. When I asked to see where I would be working, I got some excuse about not disrupting the area which made me uncomfortable as these would be the people I would be supervising and where I would be spending my days. I wanted to know if it was a bull-pen or a private office environment and what the working conditions were like. After two weeks, I placed a phone call to follow-up on the next steps and the hiring manager did not return my call.

During the interview, it was mostly about the hiring managers meteoric rise to the current position and why they needed someone who could deliver and represent the institution. Lots of talk about accountability and integrity. It's evident they don't walk the talk. I subordinate could have been tasked to follow up on a phone message. NOT impressed.

Interview Questions

• Can you manage a team that does not always perform at optimum efficiency?.   1 Answer
    • How many people have managed at any given time?   Answer Question
    • Can you work a flexible schedule?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Kennesaw, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online May 30th was contacted 2 days later for a group interview which only involved me and one other candidate gave a tour of the campus talked about the position and its "metrics" then gave a brief 1-3 minute resume of yourself. This company believes in "selling" an education. After that I was contacted a week later for a one on one interview with the Admissions recruiter and Campus director. Although I only met with the recruiter who didn't even know how to read a resume and was making up questions as he went. Very unprofessionally interview they definitely need an HR recruiter on campus who is more skilled. After the interview was told I would here something after 2 weeks well no communication happened. Figured I didn't get the job and I was kind of realized because the school seemed like a very sleazy, shady operation. Glad I did more research on the company because it was definitely a call center set-up. The whole idea of selling education was very vague and weird. BEWARE of this company very unprofessional and unethical.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cordova, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Cordova, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

Had to teach a lesson on the subject matter I had applied for. I was given the first chapter of the book I was to teach from via email a few days before the interview. I taught a 20 minute mini-lesson on the introductory chapter,.

Interview Questions

• Not many. Most of the evaluation was based on my teaching style.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Director was on his cell phone and computer during my entire interview. Didnt listen to any of my questions. Read me information about the job word for word off a powerpoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing I should look out for with you? He didnt ask me any questios about than "Tell me about your experience."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Springfield, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process started off easy, I was called in two times, the first interview was with the director of the campus and then a group interview. The second time was with the recruiter. basic questions asked. after the interviews, a background check form is submitted and then you wait for an offer.

Director of Career Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

There was an initial telephone interview, with standard question and answer session. I was bought on campus to interview with a panel. The panel interview was also a group interview. It was typical of most employers.

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was mostly painless (in the beginning). A majority of the time they were talking for the first round interview and then they ask the basic questions. After that, if they like you they will call back for a second interview (which I was able to get) then I met with the director and was invited to a graduation and received notification they would like to provide me an offer and I applied to the job. It took 3-4 weeks because of my previous job fired me on the last day of my two weeks notice. I informed them I did not know why my job had me listed as LOA terminated and never received a call back once they further investigated. I assumed they thought that I lied which I did not. I called the office multiple times to explain my side and they would not return my calls. Personally, I believe that was extremely unprofessional and would not waste my time with a company that says they value empty opinion and will not hear a person's explanation let alone return phone calls. I am glad they missed out on an excellent employee as myself. Home Depot didn't deserve me and neither do you ITT Tech.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in April 2016.

Interview

First phone interview with campus director then face to face with campus director a few days later. Then about three weeks later phone interview with district manager, a week after that phone interview with regional director and a few days after that interview with VP of student services. Offer made a few days later by campus director. Whole process approx 6 weeks from application to offer

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate a team?
      What were your budget starts in the past?
      How did you meet your metrics?
      Have I ever had to place an employee on corrective action?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Short, easy. A standard "what makes you special/right for the job" kind of interview. It was not hard if you've worked in for-profit education before. They give you a tour, you meet with the president /director, go over the position etc.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for the position?   1 Answer

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

applied on line. then spoke with with someone on phone, then hand 3 in person interview, one with group. and also had to give a presentation on any topic relating to my education/background.