ITT Technical Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ITT Technical Institute Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

I met first with the manager of admissions recruitment, then I met with the Admissions director. This was all done one-on-one. Both people were very nice, very up front and very professional.
    I first saw the advertisement for this job in the newspaper (unusual) and then I went to the website. In neither place did the job description convey that the job was almost 100% telemarketing!

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a tough situation with a co-worker.
      Tell me about a problem you faced in the workplace and how did you resolve it.
      Answer Question

Program Chair Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 2 more in house interviews. First interview was with local dean, next interview was with a manager in headquarters. Then 2 additional interviews on the campus, one with dean, one with director. I did not give a presentation bust answered many questions. There was a couple of weeks between each interview and many of the questions were repetitive. The in person interviews took me about 90 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Previous challenges, previous successes, how would I handle specific management problems, previous ethical dilemmas encountered   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure to ask specific questions about benefits and health insurance before accepting offer.

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (North Charleston, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview took about thirty minutes, and I had to answer typical interview questions. The interviewer seemed pretty new at interviewing candidates. He didn't ask any questions relating to whether or not I was familiar with any of the equipment that I would need to use, or if I had any of the skills they needed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you are a better fit that any of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Mobile, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a group interview which I was the only one who showed up for, then I was called back for 2 more interviews. I know I did exceptionally well because my personality is very outgoing and I would've been perfect for the position. However, I found out that it's mainly working in a call center so I'm glad I didn't get a call back. I do strongly feel that after 3 interviews, they should at least be professional and send an email or return my calls and not leave me hanging. It's very unprofessional.

Student Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

The two people I interviewed with were very good, very professional. They took their time to explain the job with both the positive and negative aspects. Their ads don't tell you that the job is telemarketing and that 90% of your time is spent on the phone, trying to get people to make appointments and sign up for a campus tour. The other downside is that no matter how successful you are at recruiting, you will not be recognized monetarily. There at no bonuses or commissions paid on top
    of salary for extraordinary results. Apparently, because this is a school,
    extra pay for results is prohibited.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too complicated or out of the box. They took their time to make sure that I understood the job and that I would be a good fit.
      The job is basically telemarketing, although this isn't apparent in their advertisements. I wish they had made it more clear-I probably would not have bothered with the interview, had I known. For the right person, it looks like a very nice place to work
      Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with someone from Headquarters in Carmel, IN. Then I had an extensive panel review on campus with all of the Directors and/or Managers of each department. They went down the line and each asked me approximately three to five questions they all had prepared, and then asked if I had any questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for ITT Technical Institute?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Three part interview.
    Group interview with other candidates then if you stood out you'll get call for an
    One on one interview with the DOR next they'll ask a serious of recruitment questions and if you seem fit you'll have one Last interview with the director of the campus but by this time you'll already hired he just need to see you face to face

Career Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Clovis, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was offered the job after the interview and background process. I was offered 5k less than my asking salary. Was disappointed that they recruited me and then offered me close to what I make at my current job. Was also told that if I were to ever be promoted there is only a 7% pay increase. Same pay for more work is what helped me make my decision to decline the job and stay where I am at.

Interview Questions

• What is a typical work day for you where you are currently at?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Henderson, NV) in September 2015.

Interview

A joke the interviewer was less than professional and was interested in filling a spot. The computer was down, she did not care about my qualifications just checking the boxes to submit to HR. Explained the job unenthusiastically and was not interested in finding out anything other than how to fill in the blanks and forward it onto her manager. Complete waste of my time. She was curt and impatient and cut me off when I was attempting to answer her question. She was evasive and cagey and about the job requirements. I did not get the impression that the student was anything other than a number and a cash cow. There was no information about he programs offered or the basic cost of credits. Either she did not know or thought this questions were irrelevant.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to make.... I was asked this question at least 6 times.   1 Answer

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

I was given a course topic related to the area of instruction (Firewalls) that I was interviewing for. I was asked to conduct a mock lecture session about 20 minutes in length. I presented in front of the IT Director and a couple of other instructors. Feedback was minimal, but the primary goal was to just see how you could command a classroom.

Interview Questions

• Q: Will I learn to hack in this class? (Instructor posing as a student)   Answer Question