ITT Technical Institute Library Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ITT Technical Institute Library Assistant Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (North Charleston, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview took about thirty minutes, and I had to answer typical interview questions. The interviewer seemed pretty new at interviewing candidates. He didn't ask any questions relating to whether or not I was familiar with any of the equipment that I would need to use, or if I had any of the skills they needed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you are a better fit that any of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Durham, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a call to come interview the following week. I interviewed first with the Librarian, and from what I gathered, there was a large pool of applicants---only 3 were selected to interview with the Dean, myself being one. I wasn't offered the position. The whole process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question came from the 2nd interview with the Dean--he asked about my sorority involvement (it was only briefly listed on my resume so it threw me off). Other than that typical interview questions: 3 adj. to describe yourself, what do you know about itt tech, what challenges have you faced in a work environment and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

Phone interview, physical interview, background check

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight forward and at no point did I feel like I was in any danger of losing the job offer. The most difficult question was "Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer" So nothing too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Henderson, NV) in May 2013.

Interview

Was contacted via email to attend a group interview. The Dean gave us a PowerPoint presentation about ITT which, for a technical school, was not that impressive. She then asked us to give a verbal "one minute resume" which was then followed by a written interview. Most of the candidates in my interview admitted to never doing a group interview so there was some awkwardness. The candidates were all from fairly different backgrounds, but all applying for the same position. It was pretty short all in all - the bulk of the time was spent filling out the written interview which had the standard expected interview questions. We were asked to put our availability for a follow-up interview at the bottom, but I was never contacted again. Overall, I was not impressed and didn't feel the desire to attempt to follow-up with them myself. They stated that the position needed to be filled immediately, but I'm pretty sure a couple of weeks later I saw the exact same position re-posted. If so, wonder what happened there?

Interview Questions

• They design their questions to see how you react in a customer service environment, not educational. Easy to see that this place is about money, not education.   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Interview

The interviewing process was very fast, only about 20 minutes or less, and they seemed to just be hurrying things along to fill the position as quickly as possible. I went for a second interview a few days later and was offered the job the day after. When I asked what the pay was she couldn't even tell me until after my background check was completed! It took them 5 days to try to complete my background check and i was asked to do all the legwork for it because they were somehow calling the wrong people or getting me mixed up with someone else's work history. When I was finally asked to find paycheck stubs from 7 years ago just to prove the correct dates that I worked and they started getting very snotty with me i told them to forget it and that I was no longer interested in the position. What a joke the whole process was!

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could start working sooner than two weeks and completely up and leave my current employer.   1 Answer

The insulting background check as previously stated and the fact that they couldn't even tell me what the pay was.

Library Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online for the Library Assitant position, and was called back within 4 days of my submission. A phone interview was scheduled; it lasted one hour. I was told that I would hear back about the decisions as to whether I was one of the 4 people out of the 12 (for phone interviews) for face-to-face interviews. Never heard back; found out from a coworker that a mutual acquaintance had gooten a f2f. Won't apply again to ITT Tech since they didn't keep their word. I will say that the interviewer was very personable, and it was a pleasant exchange of information. (We actually had a conversation, unlike most interviews where you're asked inane questions that don't uncover how well you might do the job.)