ITT Technical Institute Registrar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ITT Technical Institute Registrar Interview Questions

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the campus director. Then a face to face. She read from a script the whole time. Then a phone interview with district manager. Then phone interview with national registrar. Very scripted. There was no room for salary negotiations. Once hired my schedule changed for the worse.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ITT Technical Institute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Interview process had nothing at all to do with ascertaining abilities for job. Company is more interested in what you will do for them. Was interview by two managers who openly admitted they knew nothing about the job for which I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a failure you experienced and what you did to correct it.   Answer Question

Offer was an insult and nowhere near commensurate with what duties and responsibilities company expected in return. Very skewed effort/reward system, in favor of company.

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Bradenton, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process begins by submitting and online application. The Campus Director contacted me after the application was reviewed and an initial phone interview (about 30 minutes) was conducted. Afterwards, an on-campus visit as scheduled and an interview with the Campus Director and Dean was done (approximately 2 hours). Once completed, a background check authorization and second application for employment was sent via email to be completed. In addition, a phone interview was scheduled with the National Registrar and lasted about 1 hour.

Negotiation

ITT was not open to salary negotiations. They have a standard salary bracket for each position based on location and student enrollment.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute (Cleveland, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

I initially started as a Management Trainee. The hiring process was pretty straight forward. I had two phone interviews, one with a HQ recruiter, another with the campus director. The phone interviews were typical. They asked about my education, my strengths and weaknesses. They asked about my activities and work experience. Then I was asked to have a in-person interview with the campus director. The in-face interview was more of a introduction then anything else. The director told me about himself and asked me a few personality-related questions. I'm sure this is different with each director. I was hired soon after.

Interview Questions

• I remember I told them about my college-related activites, specifically my club related positions. They wanted me to define my roles in each of the student organizations I was involved with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Registrar Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITT Technical Institute.

Interview

ITT uses a website managed by another company for their position applications. The site doesn't even allow for a cover letter, which is absurd for a position such as registrar. Anyway, I finally got an interview only by using connections and resourcefulness (i.e., sleuthing out the hiring manager's email address myself; the ITT website is useless for this, probably by design).

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything difficult or unexpected. We both knew I know more about the field than the hiring manager.   Answer Question