IXL Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IXL Learning Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter to the website, went through a phone interview and a job test which mirrors the main responsibilities of the job really well, and then interviewed at the San Mateo headquarters. It is a great company and a great job, and so the competition for each new job spot is pretty tough.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA - can't share a question   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IXL Learning (San Mateo, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I would not recommend working for the company. The whole process was terrible, recruiter acted super "buddy buddy" but took over weeks to get the results back. Engineers might not care if they want to work at your company, but they do care whether they passed the interview. Engineers invest a lot of personal time into an onsite interview.

The onsite it self was very easy, makes you feel like you are working with unqualified people. I'd rather work with people who passed a series of hard interview questions. First a phone screen, if you pass, they fly you out for onsite with hotels etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IXL Learning in May 2017.

Interview

Got a online assessment first, 4 basic algorithm and data structure question, very easy. Then has two round phone interview. First round got 4 tech question, easy algorithm and data structure question with follow up, need to provide the time complexity.
    Then HR call me scheduled the 2nd round phone interview. A senior engineer call me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning in May 2017.

Interview

OA coding challenge, 90 mins for 4 questions using Hackerrank.
    Basic algorithm questions with some math understanding.
    loop, if, else, hashmap, etc. The last 2 questions are a little bit complex than the previous two.

Curriculum Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter. Phone interview scheduled 2 weeks after application submitted. Within one week of phone interview, asked to complete a written assignment. After submission of written assignment, was contacted and informed that no further steps would be taken with my application.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: background, thoughts about company, how it could improve.   1 Answer

Membership Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very long. Phone interview, short answer questionnaire, then two in person interviews. Lots of waiting time in between, usually about a week or week and half between each step.

Curriculum Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning (San Mateo, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen, a work sample that you a have a week to submit (I completed it in around 6 hours), a second phone screen that ended with a brain teaser and finally an on-site interview. If you take the time to do some research on interview strategies and what kinds of questions to expect then the phone screens shouldn't be too difficult. The interviewers were pleasant and quick to answer any questions I had. My on-site was by far the most challenging. They squeeze a lot of stuff into a short amount of time: three interviews, a test, and then lunch with members of the curriculum design team, all within the span of four hours. You'll be expected to do most of the talking during the on-site, so come prepared to ask questions--even those you may have already asked in previous interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning (San Mateo, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It is fast. I got an online coding challenge for 4 algorithm problems, really simple. And a phone screen with two leetcode easy level problems. After the phone interview, I got a onsite opportunity. The whole process took me about 4 weeks. It is like one week for one round.

Science Curriculum Write Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

Phone interview, about 30 minutes. She was brand-new to the company and didn't seem to have very much phone interview experience. Fairly straightforward questions and then a brain teaser. "Passed" this phone screen and then completed the worksheet assignment. After submitting the assignment, I received a form email saying that they were going to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• The bean question (just like everyone else).   Answer Question
    • Did you look through our elementary school curriculum material on our website? How would you improve it?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning (San Mateo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had an interview, they asked the typical interview questions and the same jelly bean riddle that everyone else said. Then I had to do a design assignment, which I had a week to complete. It was actually a bit of work and took me about the whole week to complete, with the fact that I'm a student with a part time job.