Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.5

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.

Interview

Very pleasant on-site interview that involved fruitful discussions with a range of academic colleagues as well as presentation of job-related resources. Clear answers to my questions but lack of any commitments. Kind and professional welcoming.
    Lack of important benefits for postdocs.Required to cover myself some of the hiring expenses.

Interview Questions

• Why I would like to join Mount Sinai from my previous employment   1 Answer

Interview

First writing two pages of possible contributions to the lab. Then the on-site interview includes a seminar, and several one-on-one interview, plus a group lunch. The PI would meet you before and after the interview process.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the PI via email within five days. After initial contact, we set up an interview for later in the week. The interview was casual. She asked me about my prior research experiences, my undergraduate thesis, and spoke about the aims of her research. I met with the PI for thirty minutes and then met with the postdoc for thirty minutes. The postdoc asked further about my technical abilities and summed up the research of the other postdocs in the lab. Afterward, I was given a tour of the lab and animal facilities.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in translational research?   Answer Question
    • How did you test your hypothesis in your prior research position?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Went through 2 phone interviews, and one in-person interview. From the time of application to the time starting the position it took approximately 3 months. The on-boarding process is really long.

Associate Researcher I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process 2 weeks: phone interview, then an in-person interview. After, the offer letter it took a month to start. The interview was okay, basic questions. The last interview was a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe research.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

an email was sent out looking for applicants who woild be able to work on a project over the summer with possibility of extension into the fall. the interview location was the office of the research coordinator. it was rather formal. i was told that there are quite a few interviews lined up through the week.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Call through lab manager : She asked me about my work in college
    PI call: Interview about career interset, work, Research lab experience
    Then I got offer letter from PI and it took almost 2 months to get official offer letter from HR

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a phone interview first. They asked behavioral and technical questions. I then scheduled the in person interview. I met with the PI for a one on one interview in his office in the lab. He asked mainly technical questions then showed me around the lab. He asked me to leave an additional reference and I was told they were interviewing a few more people and I would hear back the following week. I wasn't contacted.

Interview Questions

• If my commute would be too long/tiring and therefor making me prone to making an error at work?
      If the language I am fluent in are because of my background or learned?
      Answer Question

Laboratory Coordinator, Genetics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with the lab director and deparment co-director at the lab. They were both friendly. I got some feeler questions, asked what the resposibilities of the role was and got a tour of the space. After I got the offer, I negotiated my starting salary and had to take drug tests and later a Hepatitis shot.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on my prior lab experience and why I left my previous job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were offering me less than what I got paid in my prior lab, so I told them my previous salary and made a point that because I now had accumulated more experience, I was worth a few thousand more. I got what I aked for.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.

Interview

First, I had a brief phone interview with the manager. Two weeks later, I had an in-person interview with the manager who interviewed me over the phone as well as met with other members of the administrative staff, including the director. Then I was invited back for a second round interview the following week to meet with some faculty members.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      How do you handle stress?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
      What extracurriculars are you involved in?
      Answer Question