Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Interview Questions

Interviews at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai

Intern Interview

Interview

Laid back process, but probably varies by department or PI. The interview was informal and more about determining whether I was a good fit for the lab. Was asked about experiences listed on resume, and was told about the projects going on in the lab.

Interview Questions

• What is your familiarity with statistical software?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.

Interview

I submitted my application from a posting I found on a job board. I got a response quickly after the weekend. The scheduling was for a brief phone interview with the HR/hiring person to discuss the developer role.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

they call u around feb, then you decide if you want to interview at the institution or not. just typical phd student interview, nothing special. if you are out of state, they might provide housing for staying for the interview

Interview Questions

• describe your past research   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very lengthy. They keep you posted on development if asked. They were so cooperative and kind during the interview process. They understand and respect the knowledge and time of candidate and try to address their questions and queries at best.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I received an email from HR about a phone interview. I scheduled the phone int view with them for a few days later. They basically went over the job description, my past experiences and education. They told me that I would hear back within a week or 2 if I would on to next step. I met with my manager about 2 weeks later:

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.

Interview

Usually starts with phone interview, then I came in for two in-person interviews. It was nothing out of the ordinary. Prepare as you would for a standard interview -- review projects, staff publications, schools attended, research the position and so on.

Interview Questions

• Standard Interview Questions, to be honest. Nothing you wouldn't expect from an interview   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Skype interview with potential boss, followed by in person interview with entire lab, and collaborators (one on one) and a job talk. Informal offer made day of. Formal offer made next day. Offer letter sent within 3 weeks.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in April 2019.

Interview

First a pre-screening phone call with HR. At least three weeks later was contacted for an in-person. Given only 24 hours notice to come in for a 2.5 hour interview with about five different people. Called in again about 1-2 weeks later for a final round interview, which consisted of meeting with another 5-6 people for about 3 hours. No follow up from anyone after the final round; they just ghosted me. Most institutions follow up with final round candidates at the very minimum.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers mainly asked me questions regarding my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Laboratory Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

My first interview went well and I was given the impression that I may be getting a job offer (once the my references are verified) but this was very misleading and the second encounter turned out to be yet another interview...it also seemed like I was being considered for multiple open positions in the same lab. Overall, I found that the employers were not communicating clearly/honestly with me. The mixed messages were confusing and frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Overall some tricky questions, but nothing unusual. ex— you’ve never worked with lab animals, can you handle this or do you prefer working with human samples? This was tricky since there were two open positions, one with mice one with human biological samples.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a difficult situation I’m the lab?   Answer Question