Idaho Department of Labor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Idaho Department of Labor

2.2

Workforce Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Idaho Department of Labor (Meridian, ID) in March 2014.

Interview

After I had taken the online testing and received my testing score I was called for an interview. My interview was a panel type interview with 3 people alternating the questions. The questions were specific to the position and also asked about my general knowledge of the Dept. of Labor. The interview lasted approximately 20-25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I prepared extensively for my interview so I can't say that there were any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was fairly straighforward and user friendly.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Idaho Department of Labor.

Interview

Position was listed on the Idaho Department of Labor website. I delivered a cover letter and resume in person to my local office. A few days later I was contacted for an interview. The interview consisted of three people; a manager, supervior and local office staff member. I was also asked to take several online employment tests including typing, general office skills and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any specific difficult or unexpected questions. I was asked about my previous technical and customer service experience, and how I would handle difficult customer situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I took the job as it was offered.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Idaho Department of Labor in December 2013.

Interview

Was only required to go through one interview. It was a comfortable, casual, interview with a manager, supervisor, and peer. Decision was made quickly, as they needed to fill position right away. Interviewed and offered the position within 2 days of one another. Started quickly thereafter. Interviewers were all friendly and made me feel very comfortable with the process.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember there being any specific difficult or unexpected questions. It was a pretty straight-forward interview. No surprises, no games, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. With Federal grant money, the pay is what they offer and that's that. In the private sector you get more of an opportunity to negotiate, but not with a state labor job. Their hands are pretty-much tied on that end of things.

UI Tax Auditor (Financial Specialist Senior) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Idaho Department of Labor (Boise, ID) in December 2012.

Interview

Took an online test to determine eligibility. Went in to athree-person panel interview with the hiring manager, the bureau chief and a current UI Tax Auditor. They asked be a variety of basic (who am I, why am I qualified for the job, am I willing to accept the pay-level) and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were going to try to underpay your payroll tax, how would you book the transactions on your system? If you were an auditor, how would you find out if the company was underpaying?   1 Answer