Kimberly-Clark Interview Question: If you had turned your cell p... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Biomedical Engineer Interview Atlanta, GA

If you had turned your cell phone to silent, and it rang

really loudly despite it being on silent, what would you tell me?
Tags:

i have a phone too

Kaushal Chawda on Jan 13, 2013

Who's phone was that?

Kenny on Jan 15, 2013

I would tell you nothing because I should have turned it off during our meeting.

Alan on Jan 17, 2013

With technology today you would think my phone would know that I am in an interview

Ashley on Jan 17, 2013

I would say it's a miracle, because I always power my phone completely off. Either I need it, or I don't. I see no purpose in "silence"; that's just saying "I'll listen to you until someone more important makes it vibrate."

Glen on Jan 17, 2013

Stupid Android!

Joe on Jan 17, 2013

Sorry my wife is getting ready to give birth.

Rich on Jan 17, 2013

I've actually had that happen before... the phone was off, yet made a ring via some kind of crazy glitch. I was in church. It was NOT a miracle.

Jon on Jan 17, 2013

It's my bitter half ....sorry my better half call .....

A G on Jan 17, 2013

oh, its for you and had the phone to the interviewer...

Diane on Jan 17, 2013

Sorry for the interruption, a silent mode failure, if it would be a biomedical engineering problem I would have fixed it right away - then take off the battery.

ektormelendez on Jan 17, 2013

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Sorry, I have my phone set to ring only if Mr. Falk is calling. Excuse me while I take this.

shayne on Jan 17, 2013

I will continue our conversation because I would have left my phone in the car.

Jason on Jan 17, 2013

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

my smartphone heard itself being referred to in the question and wanted to weigh in...

Jim on Jan 18, 2013

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

I'd tell you that I must have forgotten it in my haste to be on time, and apologize profusely, while removing the battery. There's no need to stammer trying to explain that I turned it to silent, and the phone didn't work, who's going to believe that? I'd look like someone who didn't know how to work their own phone, at best - or worse a liar! Take the blame and own up, everybody makes mistakes.

Michelle on Jan 20, 2013

"Oh, excuse me". ( pulls phone from pocket, remove battery, put it back on pocket) .. look the person in the eyes and say " im sorry about that". moves on.

mike on Jan 21, 2013

That would never happen to me 'cause I don't have a cell phone :)

Me on Jan 22, 2013

D*mn Siri!

Ecardenal on Jan 23, 2013

"I assumed this phone would work the way it was supposed to, as I DID put it on silent. Too bad, faulty technology". Remove battery, continue.

Paul Tudor Oprea on Jan 23, 2013

Excuse your self, and simply remove battery and apologize and let them know that you are ready to proceed.

Oliver on Jan 23, 2013

id get my cell phone out and show him/her that its switched off and say i never have that problem

matt on Jan 24, 2013

This phone is like a baby in church...making noise just at the wrong time!

Liz on Jan 24, 2013

I Got a Bug :)

Sandeep Rao on Jan 24, 2013

I'd look guiltly as all get-out, take the battery out, and set it on the desk and continue with the interview.

Stone Cold on Jan 25, 2013

then it could be from Rajnikanth

Anonymous on Jan 25, 2013

Ah! Seems he's got a mind of his own!

Minnie on Jan 25, 2013

excuse me....m sorry about that....

Agarwal on Jan 26, 2013

Sorry that's my parole officer calling...

Khiladi on Jan 26, 2013

i won't say anything coz i have already switched off my phone n i knw it wld b ur phn thts ringin n i wont like u 2 offend by saying your phone's ringin

neha jagare on Jan 27, 2013

Sorry about that. My provider just lost a good customer.

victor on Jan 27, 2013

I need a pay rise for a new phone since the current one is not functioning as it should.

Cynthia on Jan 28, 2013

"Sorry, it is an everyday alarm for medicine."
I'm sure this is going to work bcoz cell phone alarms do ring even if the cell phone is in silent mode.

Bisweswar Swain on Jan 28, 2013

what a mess... heheheh

john on Jan 29, 2013

i would tell u to ask better questions with more logic because phone doesn't work like u said.

rach on Jan 29, 2013

i would say the interviwer , "See, the phone rang even if it was on silent mode! This is why you should hire me soon."

snix on Feb 7, 2013

Oh, it's probably the President. I'll call him back later. Shut phone off and say "Please continue with what you were saying, he won't be interrupting us again.

(Everyone, even the interviewer has the concern that their phone will go off at an inappropriate time. You can turn this into a plus if you don't panic and come up with some lie or explanation. He will of course know that you don't know the president and will take it as a joke rather than a lame excuse. It will also sub-consciouslly show him that your conversation with him is the most important thing at the moment.)

Ken on Feb 14, 2013

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

"I'm sorry for the noise, if it truly disturbs you.
I was being chased by the Klingon's, and lost them in a wormhole. My Transponder must have reset itself to the original factory settings".

Capt. Kirk on Mar 9, 2013

I would say that God is calling, and I should probably answer it

Anonymous on Mar 21, 2013

I'd check my phone, turn it off, and say, "I apologize" then continue with the interview without further explanation. The important thing is not to get flustered or make a bigger deal of the incident than is necessary. It has happened to everyone. No point in wasting time after the initial apology or annoying anyone further with unnecessary explanations. If the interviewer wants further explanation, s/he can ask.

Anon on Apr 21, 2013

Sorry but its time for Angry Birds

Marty on May 28, 2013

My phone is sick

Anand on Jun 9, 2013

lol, i set silent profile but with a timer.. sorry for the noise i caused..

Gloria Fatima on Sep 7, 2013

Lol love the parole officer and the batman answers. Awesome. Also, who owns a phone with a removable battery anymore?

Kyle on Oct 21, 2013

I would fart louder than the ringer and then bless myself as if I had sneezed.

Anonymous on Aug 8, 2015

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.