Bose Interview Question: If you were asked to unload a... | Glassdoor

brain teaser
Answer

Interview Answer

62 Answers

Need more info. Are the jelly beans in containers? Do they just need to be out of the plane or are they going to be eaten/sold later?

John on Mar 18, 2015

Order the Cargo Crew to offload the cargo.

Steve on Mar 21, 2015

You would have to know if the airplane was flying in the air, or parked on the tarmac.
If it was flying, I would order the belly of the plane to open up and allow the jelly beans to fall on a poor area so the poor people who were hungry could eat a free snack.
If the airplane was parked on the tarmac, I would get volunteers to bring wheel barrels to unload the jelly beans and they could take all that they wanted and share them with friends or coworkers or people who wanted to eat them.

Anonymous on Mar 23, 2015

Assuming they are loose jellybeans, and their unloading needs to be managed rather than just dumped on the tarmac ... Start by phoning the people at the other end, of the process. They managed to load an entire plane with jellybeans! Any group that can figure out how to fill a plane with jellybeans may be a big help in undoing this mess.

briski on Apr 1, 2015

Put an ad on craigslist "Free jellybeans - won't last. Hurry!". They'll all be gone in no time.

Ann on Apr 1, 2015

Call all the local elementary and middle schools and schedule a field trip to tour the plane/airport and get free jelly beans. BYOB (Bring Your Own Bag)

Say no.

Ken on Apr 1, 2015

Grab a forklift and start unloading them on to it and make as many trips as necessary to offload the jelly beans.

Find a new job!

Anonymous on Apr 1, 2015

The only way this is a problem is if they are loose. One large vacuum cleaner, please.

John on Apr 1, 2015

I would do it. The question is not "how" you would do it.

Anonymous on Apr 1, 2015

I'd contact the load master and give clearance to unload the plane. Federal regulations require that all cargo be shipped in containers that can be immobilized during flight. even your luggage is placed in a container when it is loaded to keep it from shifting. The tail and or front of the 747 would then lift and load master's team would unload the plane, I'd be notified when it was completed and notify the shipper that the cargo was received.

John on Apr 1, 2015

Listen to my favorite song on my Bose speakers and call Dr. Dre to clean the mess.

Boseman on Apr 1, 2015

Ask Bose why they think they need to make their speakers even cheaper than they already are by using jelly beans to construct speaker material with.

Jack on Apr 1, 2015

I'd look into the eyes of the interviewer and say "You need to get out more often."

Wade on Apr 2, 2015

Treat Yo'self

C.S on Apr 2, 2015

I would call the Easter Bunny and have him clean up this mess himself, as clearly, he is the only one with the time, energy, and sheer stock of jelly beans to pull off such a stunt!

Anonymous on Apr 2, 2015

How do you eat an elephant... one bite at a time. But seriously, I would obviously need more information, where is the plane, how are the jelly beans packed, things like that. The best way I've found is to get this information is to go and look for myself. I'd want to get on site and see what the problem was first hand. Next I'd want to clearly define what needed to happen with the jelly beans, where are they going, who is taking them, do they need to be packaged a certain way. I need to know what the specific metrics of my goal are. Now, once I've figured out what the problem is and I know what the desired end state looks like, I can start assessing what resources I have available to me (time, money, people, equipment) and then plot out a course of action to take me from where I am and where I want to be. From there I would roll up my sleeves and jump in, execute the plan and revise as necessary.

Anonymous on Apr 2, 2015

I would put all 747 beans in several big sakcs.

Anonymous on Apr 2, 2015

I would do nothing as jellybeans do not require luggage.

John on Apr 2, 2015

Sell all-you-can-eat tickets to kids.

Joe on Apr 2, 2015

Tell them I want $20 per pound to unload them. Hire a pilot to fly over an ocean, open the door and watch everything get sucked-out. Problem solved.

Set the plane on fire

Pyro on Apr 2, 2015

Am I the only survivor from the plane crash?

Callback on Apr 2, 2015

I would say, "Sure, I'll get right to it." Then, I would instruct the pilot to fly over the Newark, Ohio headquarters of the Longaberger Basket company where there is the world's largest woven basket on the lawn and tell him to dump his load there on a fly by!

Steven Dorsey on Apr 2, 2015

Open all the doors and take off! Done.

Jason L on Apr 2, 2015

Fly the plane over the Pacific ocean.
Make sure the pilot has a parachute and safety raft for when he abandons the plane.
Make sure the plane crashes and sinks to the deepest depths of the Pacific...commence mini celebratory dance.

Desirae on Apr 2, 2015

Assuming my task is exactly as stated in the question, I only need to unload the jelly beans, I do not need to transfer them into something...I would fly the plane up to 20,000 feet and open the emergency exit. Jelly beans in the rain forecast.

Brad on Apr 2, 2015

Field Trip!

Lisa V on Apr 2, 2015

A photo and get the news crews in. Firmly establish a world record then I'm sure by that time there will be plenty of volunteers to sort out unloading it.

You never know, somebody may buy it as an art piece

Marv on Apr 3, 2015

Contact my support team for all-hands on deck; lay out my plan to the team and ask for best practices on how to problem solve potential issues, send out for a bunch of brand new never-been-used janitors' brooms, have all the emergency chutes dropped and sealed at the bottom; have the team and I start sweeping towards the chutes. Have someone seal up the open end and disconnect the chutes from the doors. Alert someone to come carry the filled up chutes to where ever they are to be stored.

Wintergirl on Apr 3, 2015

This post has been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Call Ronald Reagan's family and invite them to dinner.

Anonymous on Apr 3, 2015

eat them - its a jelly bean container in the shape of a plane.

OC on Apr 3, 2015

Call GroupOn.

LOL on Apr 5, 2015

Hire a cargo company to be there to unload the palettes into a waiting trucks for delivery.

Joe on Apr 5, 2015

delegate

Anonymous on Apr 7, 2015

Find out who loaded the 747 with Jelly Beans and order him to unload it.

Anonymous on Apr 7, 2015

After the plane lands, a conveyer belt would be placed under the plane.

Then a dispenser would be placed under the beans and it would be set to dispense 25 beans per box as the customer requested.

Hit the button and the beans would start dropping into the boxes as the conveyer belt moved along.

Once boxed. The boxes would be marked...
-->>Ronald Reagan Loves Jelly Beans

From there the novelty jelly beans would be shipped to the highest bidder on eBay after creating a bidding war for huge profits.

AND THATS HOW JELLY BEAN DISTRIBUTION IS DONE..!!!

Mary Ann on Apr 8, 2015

Save all the brown ones for DLR

JP on Apr 8, 2015

First and foremost... we need to figure out the objective of a 747 full of jelly beans. Marketing strategy? Partnership with Jelly Belly? I would seek these answers from the ones that initially filled the 747. That would take an insane amount of budget and manpower, so obviously the airline had a specific objective in doing so. A good project planner would already have that particular dilemma solved in their project plan.

Abigail Armstrong, PMP on Apr 9, 2015

Get all the kids from nearby schools and tell them free jellybeans.....reminds me of the scene from Lord of War when they land the plane and tell everyone to get ....

Bobo on Apr 9, 2015

I saw a guy pick up a quarter with a fork lift one time. I am sure he would not have any problem with jelly beans.

Bruce on Apr 9, 2015

How much will you pay?

KiDo on Apr 11, 2015

Why?

Pdx on Apr 11, 2015

Ask why?

Pdx on Apr 11, 2015

I would park the plane on a steep incline. Set up a conveyor belt at the rear of the plane and then open up the rear most door and deploy the emergency chute allowing the jelly beans to slide into the conveyor and into awaiting trucks.

Scott Galvin on Apr 13, 2015

This post has been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

I will simply upgrade the android in the system.

Sanjib Das on Apr 13, 2015

I'd tie down the person who asked me to do it and won't let him loose until he ate every last one or if something else happens prior . Of course I would lose my job so I'd be filming the entire ordeal and therefore make millions.

Marc Tanner on Apr 14, 2015

Refer to the standard operating procedure manual for unloading specifications for items that meet the criteria similar to jelly beans. Since such a thing probably wouldn't be available, then the jelly beans would remain on the plane until someone wrote up the proper procedures. In a Brooklyn-ish accent, I'd say "Nuddin I can dew abbot it. Tawk to my yoonioun rep Ronnie ovah dere"

Anonymous on Apr 14, 2015

Take off with the cargo door open.

Peter Sokolowski on Apr 14, 2015

I would get paid first, then I would unload the 747.

Miss B on Apr 15, 2015

Jack the nose up a bit and open the back door

Oliver Thornton on Apr 15, 2015

I'll ask question for the purpose to unload the jelly bean. Cuz food is more important

vanathy on Apr 16, 2015

Walk away.

Brian on Apr 17, 2015

Ask you where would you like to put them, then quote you a price.

Jenn on May 25, 2015

First I would want to know what the date is. If it wasn't sometime shortly before Easter, I would strongly consider finding a different job because unless it is close to Easter there is not a sane, rational explanation why someone would need a 747 of jellybeans.

Kappy on Aug 24, 2015

I would go get my bean gun and ask them where the target is

Anonymous on Sep 2, 2015

I would say " why on earth would you ask such a ridiculous question that is so inappropriate for a job interview?"
Oh, and take your job and sh*ve it, thank you very much

Anonymous on Oct 2, 2015

I would unload jelly beans same like luggage so it is not a big problem or trouble for me.

Harshit on Nov 26, 2015

I'd ask what a 747 is & if I could please have some jelly beans while I wait for the answer.

Ainslie on Dec 12, 2015

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.