Illinois Central College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Illinois Central College

Tenure Track Faculty - Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Illinois Central College (East Peoria, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a faculty members listening -- questions were posed by an administrative assistant. Lack of responsive questions from the faculty panel made it difficult to get a "read" on their concerns and goals regarding the position. Nevertheless, I was offered the position, but declined it because of the vagueness of answers I received to specific followup questions that I subsequently directed to the department director regarding actual duties, time commitments and teaching load.

Interview Questions

• How do you think that teaching at a Community College differs from your teaching approach at the major universities you have taught at?   1 Answer

Vague answers from the department director regarding actual duties, time commitments and teaching load.

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Central College (East Peoria, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

physical fitness evaluation, panel interview by a diverse three person panel , extensive background check including criminal history check based upon fingerprints, polygraph exam, psychological evaluation, drivers license check, 90 day probation.

Interview Questions

• If you encountered a argument between two co-workers how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation involved. They do take years of experience in a particular field in to consideration.

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Central College (East Peoria, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Illinois Central College uses a panel interview process made of up people from different departments around the college. They use a series of questions and go around the table in a panel interview style. There is a grading system that is used as well to select candidates. The process is somewhat systematic, but can be long and drawn out.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working in a diverse environment? Tell of a time when you had a conflict at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois Central College (East Peoria, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

A conversation with the Associate Dean. I went to campus and went to the department offices for the meeting. After a short wait, I had a discussion. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was then offered a section to teach. I left with a book and sample syllabi. It was a good conversation and I left looking forward to teaching.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would be able to teach their diverse population. I was asked about my prior teaching experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA. No negotiation.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois Central College (Peoria, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Was called in for interview after submitted CV to adjunct pool. The interview was run by 2 people. It was very structured, but had a sort of bizarre tone, like neither of them knew who was in charge of leading interview. There were awkward silences after all my answers, which I thought I had said in a very normal, straightforward way. Thought it was just me (it was my first teaching interview) but now that I've had lots of interviews I realize how uncomfortable it was.

Interview Questions

• I remember several specific "scenario" questions, i.e. "What would you do if students weren't interacting in class?"   Answer Question

Business Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Central College (East Peoria, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

Panel interview with several insstructors, 2 deans, clerical staff. Took a little over an hour. Then a 15 classroom presentation.

Interview Questions

• List several ways in which you will maintain discipline within the classroom?   Answer Question
    • What do you dislike most about teaching?   Answer Question