Illinois Department of Human Services Human Service Caseworker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Human Service Caseworker

Interviews at Illinois Department of Human Services

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Illinois Department of Human Services

Human Service Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Department of Human Services (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Note: I applied for another position, but my resume was forwarded for this job, because I fit the specific requirements.
Received letter asking to choose 1 of 3 interview dates. Turned out it was a mass hire. We were placed in rooms to fill out the application and writing exercise. The actual interview was conducted by groups of 2 interviewers. One asked the questions, the other took notes and looked through your application packet.

Interview Questions

• While I don't remember any of the particular questions, I do know they were those standard pre-written questions that many seem to be using. Just be yourself and as honest as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you could produce a recent check stub, they matched it (I heard). If you were unemployed and couldn't produce a check stub within the past 6 months then you were paid at the bottom. The invitation to interview letter had a place for your signature to acknowledge the "negotiation" process. I still tried though, as I knew I was more than qualified for the position. The answer was "No."