Illinois Department of Human Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Illinois Department of Human Services

Human Service Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Department of Human Services (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Note: I applied for another position, but my resume was forwarded for this job, because I fit the specific requirements.
    Received letter asking to choose 1 of 3 interview dates. Turned out it was a mass hire. We were placed in rooms to fill out the application and writing exercise. The actual interview was conducted by groups of 2 interviewers. One asked the questions, the other took notes and looked through your application packet.

Interview Questions

• While I don't remember any of the particular questions, I do know they were those standard pre-written questions that many seem to be using. Just be yourself and as honest as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you could produce a recent check stub, they matched it (I heard). If you were unemployed and couldn't produce a check stub within the past 6 months then you were paid at the bottom. The invitation to interview letter had a place for your signature to acknowledge the "negotiation" process. I still tried though, as I knew I was more than qualified for the position. The answer was "No."

Personal Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calumet City, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Illinois Department of Human Services (Calumet City, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Quick and Easy. She just asked me my age and what I was going to college for. She also asked me a couple things related to the health of my clients and emergency procedure. Its was very casual but it definitely will differ from person to person. For the most part it was all common sense.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what to do if your client began to choke?   1 Answer
    • What classes have you taken?   1 Answer

Personal Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawnee, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Illinois Department of Human Services (Pawnee, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

They told me what my job would entail, a list of about twenty to thirty things. and asked me if i could handle it. and in fact if I never had to move I would probably still be working there. It was a wonderful job. My client was a wonderful lady. Who unfortunately underwent a few strokes which left her bed ridden and she had a tube down her throat. so that's how we fed her gave medications and occasionally had to suck stuff out so she could breath better. But if there is one thing I know she didn't deserve this lifestyle at all.