Illinois Institute of Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Illinois Institute of Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology.

Interview

Apply when they advertise it. Takes about a month. They approve your resume and cover through a point system. Based on your score they will decide whether they give you an interview or not. Interview is pretty standard, they look for customer service experience, etc.

Negotiation

None.

Interview

There was no interview. My Employer happened to be a professor who took note of a few of my class projects and was impressed. He happened to have an open position for a student to fill in. He thought I would be a good fit and offered me the position. Sorry no questions!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did ask for more pay and got it bumped from $12 an hour to $16 an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Resume submissions through cmc portal and then resume was picked up and call for interview and then interview with manager and then ssn was process all was very good experience

Interview Questions

• No technical questions only behavioral questions and about library works   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Simple straight forward interview.
    Questions asked on technical background covered in the resume.
    Questions asked about client services experience.
    Case study questions related to customer service and script and data supervision.
    One-on-one interview and single round. Either the manager takes it or a level-2 staff member.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where the client changes the deadlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, IL) in August 2008.

Interview

simple, required work study

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2010.

Interview

I was referred by an existing employee and was contacted by the manager. I sent in my resume via e-mail and set up an interview time and date. At the interview, I was asked about my skills relevant to the job. Pretty standard interview set-up. There were two interviewers present and they were both engaged in the conversation.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the type of switchboard we currently use?   Answer Question

CDA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

I was interviewing to maintain my position for the upcoming academic year. Extremely basic and traditional interview questions were asked. Interviewer did not seem truly interested in the process and had his nose in his notebook for the majority of the interview. If you go in with your strengths, weaknesses, goals, and history that may help on the job, you will be just fine.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Should you be retained, what have you learned through your last year of employment that may make you a better employee throughout the upcoming year?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were allowed for this position, as the candidate pool greatly surpassed the position's requirements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

It's about 20 mins panel interview. Very general questions, like how do you feel like working as a receptionist? How will you prioritize works in tight time frame? Tell me sth about your organizational skills. etc. I thought they just wanted to find someone they felt easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• If someone asks you a question you don't know, how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Facilities Foreman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Bait and switch, job description is not what I actually do on a daily basis

Interview Questions

• I asked the most difficult questions, there is no level of competence in the facilities department at IIT   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, union job

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology (Wheaton, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a simple meeting at Wheaton campus to discuss about the work and timings. They need experience/knowledge in HTML/CSS for website stuff.