Illinois Tollway Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

After submitting my application I was called 2 or 3 weeks later and told to come in for a 50 minute basic math test. About 70 people showed up on my test date. There were about 50 or 60 questions. It is all addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers. No Algebra. make sure you get scratch paper from the tester. You need at least a 75% score to pass.

I was called 2 or 3 weeks after that for an interview. The other people waiting were scheduled 5 minutes apart. The interview itself was very pleasant and with 3 individuals. They asked 10 questions. One question was about my customer service experience, another was please explain how my education would help me do my job, another was tell us about an irate customer and how you resolved the situation, another was a problem you encountered on the job and how you solved it. Another was about teamwork. They also asked me about any disciplinary action I had on previous jobs and specifically with respect to attendance.

Overall, everyone was very pleasant. They said they would be making a decision in about a week and thanked me for coming in.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult problem you had at work and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about an irate customer you had and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question