Illinois Tollway Interview Questions in Downers Grove, IL | Glassdoor

Illinois Tollway Interview Questions in Downers Grove, IL

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Civilian Call Taker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview was in Downers Grove and 100+ candidates were invited to this small space to test for civilian call taker. They did process of elimination. There was a typing test, listening, and map test. Out of the 100+ candidates only five was left to take the map test. They send you an email in 14 days to say whether or not you passed.

Custodian Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

No interview yet because you have to take a test beforehand. The test consists of 40 questions about different cleaning chemicals, the meaning of MSDS and others, ratio of different mixtures and other cleaning related questions. All multiple choice and no math or situational related questions. I will update if I get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you add water to a chemical or chemical to water when mixing?   1 Answer

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

You are asked to complete a few tasks with a bunch of people in a room. Testing your typing skills, knowledge of maps and also how good you can listen and type at the same time. Then about 6 months later I was asked to come in for another interview where you sat across from four people and were asked questions.

Interview Questions

• What was one time in your life where you had to make a hard decision and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Submitted my application 6 months prior to getting a call for an interview. I was more like a screening interview when I found myself waiting outside an office with a couple other applicants. A couple hours later I was in front of a three person interview panel with scripted questions. (Typical Project Management type questions). It lasted for about an hour and said they would be getting back to me in about a week but haven't heard anything in over a month.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

This is a RUTAN interview process. All interviewees are asked the same questions, without variation. The interviewer will not clarify the meaning of a question. Unless you ask questions at the end of the interview, a typical interview will last approximately 10 minutes with very little or no meaningful feedback.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle (insert ethical dilemma here).   Answer Question
    • Describe various technologies you have worked with in the past.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is limited ability to negotiate. The salary ranges are largely fixed. Although salary is somewhat negotiable, other benefits are fixed.

Business Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Standardized questions given in a panel format. No opportunity to clarify questions or really get a feel for the position or the organization. The interviewers take many notes making it unclear if they are really listening. Interviews are scheduled with very minimal time and not long enough to effectively answer questions. Be prepared to wait for your scheduled start time due to scheduling conflicts.

Interview Questions

• Experience with internal systems that are custom where no one would have had experience unless having been previously employed there.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

After submitting my application I was called 2 or 3 weeks later and told to come in for a 50 minute basic math test. About 70 people showed up on my test date. There were about 50 or 60 questions. It is all addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers. No Algebra. make sure you get scratch paper from the tester. You need at least a 75% score to pass.

I was called 2 or 3 weeks after that for an interview. The other people waiting were scheduled 5 minutes apart. The interview itself was very pleasant and with 3 individuals. They asked 10 questions. One question was about my customer service experience, another was please explain how my education would help me do my job, another was tell us about an irate customer and how you resolved the situation, another was a problem you encountered on the job and how you solved it. Another was about teamwork. They also asked me about any disciplinary action I had on previous jobs and specifically with respect to attendance.

Overall, everyone was very pleasant. They said they would be making a decision in about a week and thanked me for coming in.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult problem you had at work and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about an irate customer you had and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question