Illinois Tollway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Illinois Tollway Interview Questions

2.9

Illinois Toll Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Crystal Lake, IL).

Interview

I applied online for this job and got email for exam after two months. Then told us to arrive half m hour earlier before exam. Given 1 hour to clear the 100 questions. And 80% is the passing ratio. Then only passing candidates are held for interview. Which is related with Your resume and exam. And after interview, they wI'll let You know the waitinerary time of further process. Which will be intensive background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Job Related, including Customer Services, Management Related, Cash Handling and Basic Mathematics skills, and Information regarding Your Illinois Interstate Highways and Oasis. And most import vehicles categorized by Excels. Will all come in written exam.   4 Answers

Civilian Call Taker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview was in Downers Grove and 100+ candidates were invited to this small space to test for civilian call taker. They did process of elimination. There was a typing test, listening, and map test. Out of the 100+ candidates only five was left to take the map test. They send you an email in 14 days to say whether or not you passed.

Civilian Call Taker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway.

Interview

filled out an application in Aug 2015 about a month later received an email inviting me to take required testing. Soooo me and about 20 other people wait outside of a room for the 1st test which is a typing test requiring you to type at least 45 wpm. After taking the typing test u wait again in the hallway to be notified if you passed. Once passed you then take a another sort of typing test(u type everything u hear from this little speaker) after being notified if you passed that, you go on to take some sort of memorization test with pen and paper, after completing that you take a map reading test with a huge unfold map and pen and paper. After completion of that I was told to wait 2 weeks for a response.. its been about 10 days.

Civilian Caller Intke Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I expected an actual interview, but instead arrived at a facility and stood in line with about 200 other people to be processed for testing. It was a lot like a cattle call or a huge group interview. After forty five minutes, I left. I completely understand and appreciate the work that the Tollway workers do, but as I stood there waiting to take a typing test, I realized that the full time job I've endured for the last seven years wasn't THAT bad after all.

The hours would have been a challenge: 11:00pm-7:00am

Custodian Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

No interview yet because you have to take a test beforehand. The test consists of 40 questions about different cleaning chemicals, the meaning of MSDS and others, ratio of different mixtures and other cleaning related questions. All multiple choice and no math or situational related questions. I will update if I get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you add water to a chemical or chemical to water when mixing?   1 Answer

Interview

Hiring process was very engaging. There were a series of general and work related question that pertained to soft skill and hard skill sets. An HR Manager and a Manager from the Dept I ended up working in were the interviewers. Atmosphere was very conversational as opposed to an intense or intimidating interview.

Documentation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Lisle, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

The initial interview was a structured interview with three interviewers present. It was explained that all candidates were asked the same questions. There was a session at the end where the candidate could ask questions.

Interview Questions

• A long question about writing ability that requested an example. Why not just ask to bring in a sample.   Answer Question

Intern (Business Systems) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway.

Interview

They called me about 3 weeks after filling out an application to schedule an interview. The interview was only about 10 min long. There were 3 ppl in the room and they all were like robots with no emotion, I felt like they didn't want to be there and that they felt miserable. I was upbeat and they were just BLAH, which was awkward. All of the questions were easy normal interview q's about your skills, education, and computer knowledge. Had the interview today but i don't expect to get a call back lol. Didn't get a good vibe from the interviewers so didn't take it seriously

Interview Questions

• This position requires research anaylsis tell me how your educational background has prepared you for it   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

You are asked to complete a few tasks with a bunch of people in a room. Testing your typing skills, knowledge of maps and also how good you can listen and type at the same time. Then about 6 months later I was asked to come in for another interview where you sat across from four people and were asked questions.

Interview Questions

• What was one time in your life where you had to make a hard decision and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Submitted my application 6 months prior to getting a call for an interview. I was more like a screening interview when I found myself waiting outside an office with a couple other applicants. A couple hours later I was in front of a three person interview panel with scripted questions. (Typical Project Management type questions). It lasted for about an hour and said they would be getting back to me in about a week but haven't heard anything in over a month.