Illinois Tollway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Illinois Tollway

2.8

Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Pretty straightforward interview, they ask you about a situation you have had where you had a conflict with a co-worker and you had to resolve it, and similar questions. Being bilingual is a + and you get paid more.

Interview Questions

• A situation at work where you had to resolve an issue with a coworker.
      If you claim to be bilingual you will need to pass a verbal test in that language, though it is pretty casual.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

This is a RUTAN interview process. All interviewees are asked the same questions, without variation. The interviewer will not clarify the meaning of a question. Unless you ask questions at the end of the interview, a typical interview will last approximately 10 minutes with very little or no meaningful feedback.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle (insert ethical dilemma here).   Answer Question
    • Describe various technologies you have worked with in the past.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is limited ability to negotiate. The salary ranges are largely fixed. Although salary is somewhat negotiable, other benefits are fixed.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

You are asked to complete a few tasks with a bunch of people in a room. Testing your typing skills, knowledge of maps and also how good you can listen and type at the same time. Then about 6 months later I was asked to come in for another interview where you sat across from four people and were asked questions.

Interview Questions

• What was one time in your life where you had to make a hard decision and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Documentation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Lisle, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

The initial interview was a structured interview with three interviewers present. It was explained that all candidates were asked the same questions. There was a session at the end where the candidate could ask questions.

Interview Questions

• A long question about writing ability that requested an example. Why not just ask to bring in a sample.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Submitted my application 6 months prior to getting a call for an interview. I was more like a screening interview when I found myself waiting outside an office with a couple other applicants. A couple hours later I was in front of a three person interview panel with scripted questions. (Typical Project Management type questions). It lasted for about an hour and said they would be getting back to me in about a week but haven't heard anything in over a month.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

After submitting my application I was called 2 or 3 weeks later and told to come in for a 50 minute basic math test. About 70 people showed up on my test date. There were about 50 or 60 questions. It is all addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers. No Algebra. make sure you get scratch paper from the tester. You need at least a 75% score to pass.

I was called 2 or 3 weeks after that for an interview. The other people waiting were scheduled 5 minutes apart. The interview itself was very pleasant and with 3 individuals. They asked 10 questions. One question was about my customer service experience, another was please explain how my education would help me do my job, another was tell us about an irate customer and how you resolved the situation, another was a problem you encountered on the job and how you solved it. Another was about teamwork. They also asked me about any disciplinary action I had on previous jobs and specifically with respect to attendance.

Overall, everyone was very pleasant. They said they would be making a decision in about a week and thanked me for coming in.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult problem you had at work and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about an irate customer you had and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Business Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Standardized questions given in a panel format. No opportunity to clarify questions or really get a feel for the position or the organization. The interviewers take many notes making it unclear if they are really listening. Interviews are scheduled with very minimal time and not long enough to effectively answer questions. Be prepared to wait for your scheduled start time due to scheduling conflicts.

Interview Questions

• Experience with internal systems that are custom where no one would have had experience unless having been previously employed there.   Answer Question

Intern (Business Systems) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway.

Interview

They called me about 3 weeks after filling out an application to schedule an interview. The interview was only about 10 min long. There were 3 ppl in the room and they all were like robots with no emotion, I felt like they didn't want to be there and that they felt miserable. I was upbeat and they were just BLAH, which was awkward. All of the questions were easy normal interview q's about your skills, education, and computer knowledge. Had the interview today but i don't expect to get a call back lol. Didn't get a good vibe from the interviewers so didn't take it seriously

Interview Questions

• This position requires research anaylsis tell me how your educational background has prepared you for it   Answer Question

Interview

Hiring process was very engaging. There were a series of general and work related question that pertained to soft skill and hard skill sets. An HR Manager and a Manager from the Dept I ended up working in were the interviewers. Atmosphere was very conversational as opposed to an intense or intimidating interview.

Civilian Call Taker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Tollway (Downers Grove, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview was in Downers Grove and 100+ candidates were invited to this small space to test for civilian call taker. They did process of elimination. There was a typing test, listening, and map test. Out of the 100+ candidates only five was left to take the map test. They send you an email in 14 days to say whether or not you passed.