Illinois Tool Works Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

2.8

Human Factors Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

Average interview process, friendly recruiter, overall a positive experience. It is mostly behavioral interview to check if you would be a good fit in the team. Few technical questions: how do you design a new product, list the innovation process.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online to ITW subsidiary in late February. HR representative called two weeks later to schedule onsite interview with hiring manager.

I interviewed onsite three days after HR contact. The hiring manager and I met for ninety minutes. The hiring manager said he was filling a vacancy following a resignation. He would be screening five (5) external candidates and two (2) internal candidates. I was candidate number two. The opening would be filled "as soon as possible" - probably five weeks. Finalists would be invited onsite once or twice to meet with senior management.

I followed up the hiring manager the next day and two weeks later. Shortly after the second follow up, the HR representative called to say the company had filled the opening with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• You’ve been working in quality for a long time. What do you like about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience training personnel.   Answer Question
    • We’re implementing a new ERP here. What experience do you have with ERP systems?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works (Chicago, IL).

Interview

HR manager sets up interview time for phone screening then if you pass, you move to an in-person interview with HR, plant manager and controller. Final round interview is with your manager's manager.

ESourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works (Madison, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

I signed up for the position through my university's online job portal. Sent both a resume and cover letter, and heard back shortly to schedule an interview 2 weeks away.

Illinois Tool Works canceled our interview less than 24 hours before meeting with me, with no explanation. Very unprofessional and rude.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was best described as a probing/preliminary experience. The interviewer asked a lot of questions about my resume, and then a few personal questions. There was nothing situational about the interview as the interviewer said that would be left for the next interview if I made it. Overall it was pretty general. On a side, the interview started late, and the interviewer let me know that the reason why it started late was because the interview before mine ran over. I'm well aware that recruiters speak to multiple people, but to let me know that wasn't necessary. Then, to top it off, she seemed a bit detached from my interview once I told her that I wasn't an MBA student; this was clearly noted on the resume.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

5 Interviews: Phone interview with recruiter, Phone interview with hiring manager, Face to face interview with hiring manager, face-to-face with VP, Face-to-face with HR director and then offer was emailed the next day. I was able to negotiate the base salary. A lot of situational interview questions with a few people, so that they can be 100% sure they are choosing the best candidate. Quite impressed with their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a conflict with your manager or peer, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my base salary

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works (Kennesaw, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with the HR Manager. She was very personable. She gave me a brief history of the company as well as the position I was interviewing for. After we were done, I interviewed with the Director of Operations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had to deal with a difficult employee?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

I got a mail from the hiring manager asking about my preferences of working in Illinois, my course work, Timings of working and then she went ahead and scheduled a Phone Interview which I accepted and scheduled it for the alternate day of getting the mail.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works (Frankfort, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very short. The entire interview was done over two phone calls. I never met with the interviewer in person before being offered the position. Upon being hired the next steps were to work with the HR department to ensure all of my paperwork was in order. The process took a while to get completed once I was hired.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Illinois Tool Works.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a career fair in college. I applied for a few positions and received a call back a few weeks later. I had an interview with the talent recruiter. A week later I had an over the phone interview with my manager then he invited me to visit the office for a face to face interview where I had an interview with HR, then the Marketing Director , then my manager. Each were an hour a piece.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of how you overcame an obstacle?   1 Answer