Illumina Product Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Illumina Product Engineer II Interview Questions

Interviews at Illumina

3.7

Product Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina in November 2014.

Interview

First is a phone screen with a recruiter. Then a 1:1 phone call for 30 min with the hiring manager. Then a 4 hour interview on site. You meet with 7 people with half hour time slots. Six of them technical, one HR. Most of the interviewers are interested in your technical problem solving abilities and critical thinking skills. Personality fit with the organization is also tremendously important. The company is evolving quickly and so are the requirements of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Questions that combine optics, statistics, simple math concepts. The questions are indirect requiring the applicant to identify the concept in the case prior to being able to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Illumina

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Questions about DNA, statistics and optical methods were asked. Most of the questions can be found on glassdoor. The interview lasted about an hour. I actually learned quite a bit from the interview. The interviewer is good at asking questions so be prepared, not only to prepare the basics but make sure you would be able to answer some extended questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain DNA structures, bond interactions. Explain mean, mode, median.   Answer Question

Product Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Illumina.

Interview

It was a 30 minute phone interview with the manager of the life cycle development team. They asked basic technical questions in everything ranging from biochemistry to statistics. I thought it went horribly but I was emailed a day later inviting me to a 2.5 hour onsite interview. I will post again when that is complete.

Interview Questions

• What do the mean and median tell you about your data?   1 Answer