Illumina Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Clinical Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was professional and smooth. You have to come in early to check in with guard and then they come to pick you upstairs to a meeting room. There were three interviewers and they took turn asking questions. It ended with a tour of the facility.

RA I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (Redwood City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

You first do a 1:1 with manager, then you do a group interview with the team.
    This is a fair game, meaning they asked about: why that major, what about Biology made you fall in love with science, why Illumina. If you had all the money in the world what would you do your research on, how will you contribute to the comp, and last but not least, what was the last research paper you read ( in detail).

Interview Questions

• Why illumina, what was the last RP you've read?   1 Answer

Accessioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Illumina (Redwood City, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I received a phone interview a week after applying. The interviewer asked me basic questions, including "Tell me about yourself," "Why Illumina", etc. However, the interviewer seemed very distracted and didn't really listen to what I was saying. He kept conversing to someone else during the interview and I sometimes wasn't sure if he was talking to me or not. The interviewer also put me on hold numerous times to converse with that person, which I found to be a bit annoying. Moreover, he asked me about my experience regarding my previous positions, and while I explained my answer, he kept making this sound "mm-hmm... mmm-hmm.. mm-hmm." Even when I finished answering the question, he repeatedly said "mm-hmm" for 10 more seconds until he realized I was done talking. I don't even think he listened to me during the whole interview...

Lab Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. Very professional, friendly and casual. Asked about: background. working history. one difficult situation (and how to solve), team dynamics, where you see yourself in the future. No technical questions. Interviewed with supervisor, manager and team leader.