Illumina Senior Product Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Illumina Senior Product Engineer Interview Questions

4.0

Senior Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina.

Interview

2 weeks after I submitted the resume on line they called me and appointed the date for a phone interview. the interview lasted for 1 hour with HM. lots of Many statistic and math questions. Not easy. One should be well prepared before it . Better to prepare the detailed questions in resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Illumina

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Called by HR recruiter about two weeks after applying through their career site for the position. No behavioral interview with HR, straight away to scheduling a technical 30 minute phone interview the following week with the engineering manager. Interview consisted of technical questions and a few behavioral questions from the get go, however technical questions were unrelated to job description.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the DNA structure to a person who has no experience with science.   1 Answer
    • How would you go about fixing an image that is half focused in light microscopy?   1 Answer

Senior Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina.

Interview

HR rep called shortly after submission of online application to schedule interview with hiring manager. Phone interview lasted about 60min. Started with general CV questions, then he asked a series of technical questions: define statistics terms, describe the structure of DNA, discuss ANOVA, describe how to alter computer code to improve efficiency.

Interview Questions

• Hypothesize what might be causing an image to appear unfocused and propose methods to correct the problem. It was unexpected because the content did not seem to relate to the job function.   1 Answer