Imageworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.6

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imageworks (Culver City, CA).

Interview

All day interview with various groups, changing each hour.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Just asking questions about various technologies and gauging comfort level / enthusiasm.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, offer was above and beyond what I expected at the time.

Animator Interview

Interview

Most of the work was headed up to Canada so the interview steered towards that topic most of the time.

Senior PST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imageworks (Culver City, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

First: Coding challenge to prove you can code
    Second: If you pass the first part, panel interview with the Lead PSTs. You go over your coding challenge and other possible work scenarios.
    Then it took a day or so to find out the results.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the number of times a name appears in a list of names using shell comamnds?   Answer Question

Negotiation

A little, but it's a standard rate for new hire PSTs.

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Imageworks (Culver City, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with their recruiter who passed me along to the senior web produce. I met her and the director of special projects and had a fairly standard interview. They did present me with several documents and asked me to tell them what I could about them. For instance, they handed me a project timeline and asked me to tel them what was wrong with it.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imageworks (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2010.

Interview

Got a call asking if I was interested in an animation position. I said Yes and then was set up with an interview for the following week. Interviewed with Animation Director. Few days later got a call with an offer. Everything went very smoothly. HR at the time was very good and moved things along while keeping you updated if you hadn't heard from them in a few days.

Interview Questions

• None, it was the easiest interview ever. It was more like a get to know you type of interview, which was nice. They see if you are interested in the project for the most part. I was prepared for a much harder interview, but didn't have to worry. Most animators are not great interviewees, but that works in your favor. The biggest factor in getting the job will be your animation reel; if the leads and animation director like your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will give you an hourly rate. You can probably negotiate more if you want to, but that could extend the time frame a little as they need to get approval for a higher rate.

Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imageworks (Culver City, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Got the position through a posting at my college, and was called in for an interview. When I got there, I was interviewed by the HR people and they asked me basic questions about my resume. Then I was moved in to meet with the Vice President of the Systems Department as well as the HelpDesk Manager, they were very cordial, asked me what were my computer systems experiences and they showed me around the campus after the interview.

Animator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imageworks.

Interview

Had several interviews for several of the projects there.
    Some were face to face, some via Google Hangouts.
    Sometimes the directors are working from the Culver City location (California) of Sony Imageworks so we had to conference call with them from Vancouver.
    I've strived to get in Sony for a while so attending those interviews was an exhilarating experience.

Interview Questions

• The main question that was asked near the end of each interview was:
      Do you have any questions?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Oh no negotiations where needed.
    They have a system in how they pay they're employees and they're very considerate with how they compensate you. So no negotiations where needed at my current level.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imageworks.

Interview

The interview went smooth. felt that they made the interview was made to feel more personal. they asked the right questions. made working at the company very inviting

Interview Questions

• What did you think of our last movie?   1 Answer

Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Imageworks (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

it was friendly and everything was clear from both sides, it also was so fast...it took only 20 minutes.
    they asked me mainly about which softwares I use and my experience in Maya.
    they also asked about UVs and my method in UVing.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your current job   1 Answer

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Imageworks (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

A few emails with the recruiter and then a Skype session, before receiving a phone call discussing salary, and then an offer email. It was very straightforward and simple, as they are pretty much looking at your reel and then interviewing you to see if you're a decent person or not.