Imageworks Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 28 of over 28 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Imageworks

Imageworks

Application

I interviewed at Imageworks

Interview

Was interviewed by the lead and the supervisor, they talked about the project, told me a bit about the tools and the pipe, asked me about my previous experience, very relaxed and low stress process.

Interview Questions
  • What projects did you work on before?
    Answer Question
  • What is your strongest skill?

Imageworks

Application

I interviewed at Imageworks

Interview

Pretty chill, it was 2 leads interviewing you and they just talked, it was very easy. It was over google chat and was very easy to log in and talk to them.

Interview Questions
  • What company did you work for last

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Imageworks (Vancouver, BC) in Jan 2020

Interview

Phase 1: a challenge sent over email. Consisted of 4 questions: basic conversion, UNIX commands, scripting, communication. If you get all four correct, you move on to an on-site interview. Phase 2: the on-site interview with about 10 people, most of who were PSTs. They all took turns asking me questions. They really focused on the projects I had in my resume (coming from a tech background) and asked many behavioural questions. Make sure you review your resume beforehand and know every technology in your projects! It doesn't hurt to also search up common interview questions :) The whole process took about a week from when I applied to the on-site. They replied very quickly and allowed me multiple tries at the challenge, which was very generous of them. It took about another week to receive an offer. Unfortunately the PST position closed so they offered me the internship. All in one, a very pleasant experience!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imageworks (Vancouver, BC) in Sep 2019

Interview

I went in a total of 3 times to meet with 2 different show teams and then met with the Head of Production. It was pretty painless as it all happened within the span of 3-4 weeks. I got a phone call and a job offer the follow day after meeting with the Head of Production, however the offer was solely based on how many OT hours would be put in rather than the base salary rate being fair.

Interview Questions
  • What departments have you overseen previously? What would you say your strengths and weaknesses are?

Imageworks

Application

I interviewed at Imageworks

Interview

Laid back, standard interview questions, interview committee included managers and direct supervisors, two interviews: casual (one on one) and committee. Seemed like managers cared most about how you would approach a problem, and if you would fit into the company culture.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Imageworks (Vancouver, BC)

Interview

I had interviewed with animation leads in persons. there were very nice and made me relax and comfortable. mainly explain about the project and how they work and what kind of people they are looking for.

Interview Questions
  • which animation style do you like and which animation do you prefer between acting and action?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Imageworks (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2018

Interview

the usual question about the work flow and approach to any specific problem. They would make it a very casual conversation with some jokes thrown in there. they can easily analyst how capable are you just by having a casual conversation.

Interview Questions
  • How did you table this particular shot

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imageworks (Vancouver, BC) in Oct 2017

Interview

when you get to the building make sure to know how the elevator works because you need to press it almost outside of the hall, not in front of it. Then you go to 5th floor and sign in the reception. When they are ready they welcome you and walk you to the interview room where there you'll get interviewed by the lighting sups and Hr

Interview Questions
  • what software i have experienced with lighting, and whats the hardest shot i did out of my reel

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Imageworks (Vancouver, BC) in Aug 2017

Interview

It was an easy going process, I've applied online and HR reached quickly as they needed people urgently. We went immediately as well to the salary conversation, which I negotiated and took my time.

Interview Questions
  • What was your most challenging shot, how did you tackle it?

Imageworks

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imageworks

Interview

Had several interviews for several of the projects there. Some were face to face, some via Google Hangouts. Sometimes the directors are working from the Culver City location (California) of Sony Imageworks so we had to conference call with them from Vancouver. I've strived to get in Sony for a while so attending those interviews was an exhilarating experience.

Interview Questions
  • The main question that was asked near the end of each interview was: Do you have any questions?
1 person found this interview helpful