Imaginary Cloud Junior Data Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 16 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Imaginary Cloud

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud (Lisbon) in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview process had 3 parts: initial technical screen, HR screen and online task with the CEO and another data scientist. The whole process was smooth, fast and very trasnparent.

Interview Questions
  • General data science questions Propose and programme solution to a data science task
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud (Lisbon) in Jan 2021

Interview

The whole recruitment process was done quickly, which is good and shows professionalism. The recruitment is done in 3 phases. The first in a more technical interview about concepts like git, and oop. The second interview for human resources to get to know us better and know our ambitions and dreams. And in the final phase a technical interview with the objective of demonstrating qualities to develop a web application. In all phases I was very well treated and in general it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud (Lisbon) in Jan 2021

Interview

The hole process felt very human and easy-going and took about 2 weeks to be concluded. The first interview focused on technical aptitudes and the second interview on personal background and experience.

Interview Questions
  • Technical interview: Questions about Design trends, Design process, Design tools and inspiration. People interview: Academic options, previous experience and expectations.

Anonymous Employee in Portugal

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud (Portugal) in Dec 2020

Interview

The interview process consisted of three phases but I never had to wait much time for feedback, which is something I really appreciate. I felt that the interview itself was quite "human", as in, they truly care about the people that might become part of the team and if its a good fit for both parties, considering everyone's personal goals and ambitions. Overall, I believe that throughout the recruitment process you can just be yourself and if you don't know something, that's alright for an intern position, as long as you show willingness to learn and improve.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud (Lisbon) in Dec 2020

Interview

The interview process had 3 stages and took 2 weeks. Each stage had a technical, behavioral, and situational component. I also had the opportunity to know more about the company vision, the role, and career progression.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud (Lisbon) in Oct 2020

Interview

Very quick process! I was contacted the same day I applied and scheduled the first interview for the next day. The first interview consisted of a quick presentation and a session of direct question answering about core concepts in data science. The second interview lasted 1 hour and was meant to evaluate my motivations and objectives, as well as presenting the company in more detail. The last interview was a technical problem solving challenge, which lasts up to 2 hours, where I was given a puzzle-type problem to solve algorithmically. Overall, the process takes around 2 weeks but in my case I received an offer after only 1 week (record breaking time, I'd say).

Interview Questions
  • From the second interview: What is most important? Inspiration or Hard Work?

Anonymous Employee in Coimbra, Coimbra

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud (Coimbra, Coimbra) in Oct 2020

Interview

Very precise and quick, all the steps were very well explained and with a quick response in each step with the results. It was a good experience and in the technical steps they were always helpful explaining what i did or answer wrong in order to learn.

Interview Questions
  • What was my motives to choose Imaginary Cloud

Anonymous Employee in Portugal

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud (Portugal) in Sep 2020

Interview

The interview process consists of 3 different stages: the first is a 30-min, technical questionnaire that covers the foundations of CS. Next, it is a 1-hour HR interview. Finally, a 2-hour coding challenge in which it is asked to model a database and implement a web app (backend and frontend). The 3 sessions took place over the course of around 1.5 weeks and were all in English. All the interviewers were very nice and easygoing, and I felt my skills were valued. I would say the first technical interview is a bit overwhelming, as I couldn't find the ways to answer/describe appropriately many of the technical questions asked. The coding challenge is hard to do within 2 hours. Aside from that, I have a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • In the technical interview, things like 'what's an object?', 'what does the command ls do'? In the HR interview, they asked me about my expectations, ambitions, nothing too complex.

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud (Lisbon) in Sep 2020

Interview

It was a process with 4 phases. The first phase is a technical interview with general questions regarding different technologies associated with the job description. This was followed by a human resources interview to see if the candidate and employer are aligned in terms of expectations. Then an interview with a PM and a senior programmer with a challenge to work on with a presented case study, live coding and discussion. The final step is the proposal made by the company.

Interview Questions
  • The interview questions depend on the technologies detailed in the Job description and are general questions regarding them. Some of them might be a little theoretical, so do your homework and study them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portugal

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Imaginary Cloud (Portugal)

Interview

First interview already very technical. Felt like an interview of high dificulty level for a junior position. The interviewer was nice and patient, and answered all the questions that I did not know how to.

Interview Questions
  • Specific questions of several programming languages/platforms.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews